cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32WB, How to catch execute write event ?

TMoll.1
Associate II

I have configured my stm32wb as a BLE server and I would like to write large data. I handle prepare write request properly but how I manage the end of the transfer ?

As show on the figure, the client send a execute write request but how can I catch this event in application firmware ?

I found aci_att_exec_write_resp_event callback but it is never called.

Trace of the transfer :

0693W00000UnoljQAB.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Remy ISSALYS
ST Employee

Hello,

The execute write event and prepare write event are managed by the BLE Stack. In application side, you can catch the ACI_GATT_ATTRIBUTE_MODIFIED_EVENT as describe in STM32WB_BLE_Wireless_Interface.html documentation, this event is generated to the application by the GATT server when a client modifies any attribute on the server, as consequence of one of the following GATT procedures:

- write without response

- signed write without response

- write characteristic value

- write long characteristic value

- reliable write.

Best Regards

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Remy ISSALYS
ST Employee

Hello,

The execute write event and prepare write event are managed by the BLE Stack. In application side, you can catch the ACI_GATT_ATTRIBUTE_MODIFIED_EVENT as describe in STM32WB_BLE_Wireless_Interface.html documentation, this event is generated to the application by the GATT server when a client modifies any attribute on the server, as consequence of one of the following GATT procedures:

- write without response

- signed write without response

- write characteristic value

- write long characteristic value

- reliable write.

Best Regards

TMoll.1
Associate II

Hello,

Thank you for your quick answer, it works 👍

Regards