cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32CubeIDE1.9.0 error: No STLink detected!

AZube.2
Associate III

I bought the NUCLEO-WL55JC1 and installed the STM32CubeIDE1.9.0 on my work computer (and I also this it in my home computer, both are Window 10). The IDE automaticlly installed some STLink drivers during the softare installation, in addition to the STLink-server. This are the installed components:

• Segger (jlink) USB (08/02/2018 2.70.08.0)
  • Segger (jlinkCDC) Ports (06/06/2019 1.34.0.44950)
  • Segger (jlinkCDC_x64) Ports (08/02/2018 6.0.2601.5)
  • Segger Microcontroller GmbH (WinUSB) USBDevice (06/14/2019 3.00.00.000)
  • STMicroelectronics stlink-server

When I did this intallation process in my home computer, everything worked smoothly. Once I connected the NUCLEO to the PC through the USB port I could see the COM port named: "STMicrolelectronics STlink Virtual COM port" in the Device Manager. I went to "Help-->ST Link Upgrade" and the device was found in the device list, so I could upgrade it. I opened an example project and I could debug the NUCLEO board without any problem.

However, then I did this intsallation process in my work computer. The COM port does not appear in the Device Manager and in "Help-->ST Link Upgrade" the device list does not detect any device. When I try to debug the example program the error: "No STLink dtected!" happens.

I tried installing "STSW-LINK009 (v2.0.2) but the situation is still the same. How can I fix this??

1 REPLY 1
AZube.2
Associate III

Problem solved! The problem was the USB cable