cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seems like the FUS version in stm32wb5x_FUS_fw.bin shows all 0xFFs?

BStic.2
Senior

So when I look into the FUS installation file the version information is all set to 0xFFs. I can successfully read the version information in the stack BIN file, and it comes out as expected.

0693W00000HoTDbQAN.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Remi QUINTIN
ST Employee

This the right value as this FUS version v1.2.0 is the last one. No other version will be delivered in the future. In order to be able to update the FUS from any previous versions, it has been decided to set the value to 0xFFFFFFFF.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Remi QUINTIN
ST Employee

This the right value as this FUS version v1.2.0 is the last one. No other version will be delivered in the future. In order to be able to update the FUS from any previous versions, it has been decided to set the value to 0xFFFFFFFF.

BStic.2
Senior

Ok, thanks for the answer, but this is really bad for your customers. I was trying to determine if I needed to update FUS in my bootloader. I check existing FUS version against my OTA package version and it will always come up different because 0xFFFFFFFF != v1.2.0. Now I need to manually populate the data. It would have been best to just put the real value in there like your documentation states.

Remi QUINTIN
ST Employee

May be just add a single test checking whether the value is 0xFFFFFFFF and in that case do nothing as the FUS would be up to date.

Note that this is mentioned in the most recent version of AN5185.

BStic.2
Senior

Ok, I will do that. Thank you!