cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32WB clocks

SWenn.1
Senior III

I am using the HSE and LSE for the STM32WB. I am under the impression that you must use the 32MHz HSE if using BLE. I am also under the impression that you should be able to set your CPU1 (app processor ) to 64MHz. I have tried all kinds of things in the .ioc file and it always wants to revert to using the MSI source / PLL to set CPU1 to 64MHz and CPU2 to 32MHz. Can someone tell me how to set CPU1 to 64MHz while having CP2 (radio) at 32MHz using HSE?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TDK
Guru

Not sure if 32MHz HSE is required or not, but I had no problems setting CPU1 to 64MHz and CPU2 to 32 MHz with it:

0693W00000HokUoQAJ.png 

Maybe you can attach your IOC.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
TDK
Guru

Not sure if 32MHz HSE is required or not, but I had no problems setting CPU1 to 64MHz and CPU2 to 32 MHz with it:

0693W00000HokUoQAJ.png 

Maybe you can attach your IOC.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
SWenn.1
Senior III

Hmm....Definitely user error on my part...I was trying to set PLL bcz changing cpu1 to 64mhz wasn't working....Tried again after seeing your post and the configurator doubled down and set things up to work....

Thank you

JWieb
Associate III

I Believe most of the example applications use CPU1 and CPU2 clocked from HSE.

No need for the PLL at all.