cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restore STM32WB55 FUS firmware

janis_sk
Associate II

I've deleted entire FLASH memory of STM32WB55 during testing. Is there a way to restore FUS and with that the wireless binaries?

As I understand they are encrypted so just writing them isn't working. Is there some tool to do that?

26 REPLIES 26
ANist
Associate III

Hello, I am having the same issue here. Any detailed solution on this?

SMako
Associate III

Hi everybody! I had this issue as well.

Fixed it by:

1 - Booting board with BOOT0 connected to VDD.

2 - Connect STLink to SWD of MCU

3 - Target - Erase sectors

4 - Select all sectors and erase

Some last sectors were not erased.

After reboot i was able to flash my IC =)

Before:

0690X000009k4eNQAQ.png

After:

0690X000009k4fGQAQ.png

RPuja.1
Associate II

Is STLINK enough to load the binaries to CPU2 or we need to have access to the STM32WB USB port?

STLINK will be enough. The latest version can now update wireless binaries. Keep in mind that when using STLINK you won't get back version of FUS by reading RAM as per update instruction manual. Some identification commands also don't work, but you can update FUS and wireless binaries.

Also note that CPU2 uses same FLASH only that you can protect part of FLASH from access from CPU1. This is done during manufacturing with preloading of FUS/BT.

Thank you. It worked with ST-LINK. I wasted a lot of time reprogramming the images repeatedly because the RAM values always gave 0x00. Thanks for the clarification.

Yes i am using STM32WBCC part with lesser memory, had to change address to different values to make it work. And also damaged a chip in the process as its flash sector got corrupt in experimentation. Tried full chip erase and all sector erases by STLINK utility, Couldnt revive it.

JNewe.1
Associate II

I just responded in another thread

As far as i am aware ST updated their FUS a few months ago and the new code cannot be put on devices with an older FUS. We had to destroy a number of boards due to this

Maybe this helps.

Tried that, but didn't work for us!

Would you like to suggest something else?

Thanks for the suggestion, @Adrian Eggenberger​ .

Tried that, and my controller is now permanently read-protected! I am unable to revert it to its normal functionality.

Please find attached screenshots of the current status of the option bytes.

0693W000000TrtRQAS.png0693W000000TrtWQAS.png

0693W000000TrtbQAC.png0693W000000TrtvQAC.png

0693W000000Tru0QAC.png

It would be really appreciable if anyone could guide me to the current state of my device, and whether it is recoverable.

Thank you! This worked for me as well. As someone noted above, the "not authentic!" problem started after I tried installing to the wrong start address. I followed your steps and now have it updated.

h.h.p
Associate II

@J�?nis Skujenieks​  Did you find the solution?

I have the same problem in my project.

When trying to reprogram my device, I've deleted the memory too.