cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reduce power consumption in STM32WB55

KKIM.6
Senior

I'm trying to develop an STM32WB55-based BLE wireless circuit.

I designed a custom STM32WB55 circuit and I found that the circuit consumes ~ 7 mA when 32 MHz clock and BLE fast advertising mode.

Unfortunately, my circuit should allow 7 days of continuous operation with a ~100 mAh battery.

So, I wonder how to reduce power consumption.

So, could you guys suggest anything possible on both the hardware side and the setting and programming side to reduce power consumption?

Currently, SMPS is not in use but I'm planning to use it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
IIRHO.1
ST Employee

Hello @KKIM.6 and welcome to ST Community.

As a start point you can have a look at the 4.6 section of the  AN5289 and the application notes AN5071 and AN5292. This post also can be helpful.

You can also refer to the cube package examples to start a Low power mode project, you find them under this link .

When your question is answered, please close this topic by choosing "Accept as Solution". This will help other users find that answer faster.

Issam

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
RhSilicon
Lead

If it is necessary to keep it running 24/7 with these 7mA this will be a problem, maybe using a solar cell could be a way out. But if it is possible to go into power saving mode for some period, maybe you can use only the battery, check the datasheet.

Try these keywords:

https://www.google.com/search?q=stm32wb55+power+saving+mode

IIRHO.1
ST Employee

Hello @KKIM.6 and welcome to ST Community.

As a start point you can have a look at the 4.6 section of the  AN5289 and the application notes AN5071 and AN5292. This post also can be helpful.

You can also refer to the cube package examples to start a Low power mode project, you find them under this link .

When your question is answered, please close this topic by choosing "Accept as Solution". This will help other users find that answer faster.

Issam

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

I found range 2 mode can reduce energy consumption quite a lot.

So, I want to try to use range 2 but how to switch it? just change frequncy to 16 MHz?

image.png

Hello again,

you can find details you look for in this Reference Manual .

Best Regards

Issam