cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

P-NUCLEO-WB55 - Mass erase is not working in boot mode.

Smalik
Associate II

Hello,

I want to mass erase the flash of the P-NUCLEO-WB55 board using UART and USB in boot mode. I have tried mass erase using the STM32Cube programmer it is showing an error "Mass erase operation failed Please verify flash protection". All the option bytes are in their default state as you can see in the screenshots below. I also tried to connect and mass erase the controller using the Flash loader demonstrator app using UART. The Demonstrator app is unable to read the memory of the controller. but I am able to change the read and write protection using the demonstrator app. but whenever I am trying to mass erase the controller using the demonstrator app, it is showing that the controller is read-protected.

I have also tried to connect in normal operation mode using ST-link V2 then mass erase is working fine. but the problem is why I am not able to mass erase the controller in boot mode. If anyone is able to help me with how to mass erase the controller in boot mode it would be appreciable.

Error log when trying to mass erase using USB-

0693W00000SvKpPQAV.pngOption Bytes Screenshots - 

0693W00000SvKpUQAV.png 

0693W00000SvKpyQAF.png 

0693W00000SvKq8QAF.png 

0693W00000SvKqIQAV.png 

0693W00000SvKqNQAV.png 

0693W00000SvKqcQAF.png 

Any help would be appreciable.

Thanks and Regards

Sarthak Malik

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sara BEN HADJ YAHYA
ST Employee

Hello @Smalik​ ,

Thanks for your feedback,

Actually WB devices cannot support Mass Erase due to the secure area in the flash memory in which the stack is loaded, the dev team already implemented a solution for SWD interface where the Mass erase button performs a sector erase from the beginning of Flash up to SFSA.

I submitted a change request to the development team to implement the same solution for bootloader interface (DFU and UART), I will keep you posted with updates.

Internal ticket number: 135196 (This is an internal tracking number and is not accessible or usable by customers).

If your issue is solved, please close this post by clicking the "Select as Best" button. This will help other members of the community find this response more quickly ��

Sara.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Sara BEN HADJ YAHYA
ST Employee

Hello @Smalik​ ,

Thanks for your feedback,

Actually WB devices cannot support Mass Erase due to the secure area in the flash memory in which the stack is loaded, the dev team already implemented a solution for SWD interface where the Mass erase button performs a sector erase from the beginning of Flash up to SFSA.

I submitted a change request to the development team to implement the same solution for bootloader interface (DFU and UART), I will keep you posted with updates.

Internal ticket number: 135196 (This is an internal tracking number and is not accessible or usable by customers).

If your issue is solved, please close this post by clicking the "Select as Best" button. This will help other members of the community find this response more quickly ��

Sara.

Hello Support Team,

Good day,

We are facing the same issue, so if this issue is resolved, please provide the steps.

Thanks

Hiren R. Thumar