cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NUCLEO WL55JC1 dead?

JPablo1
Associate II

Hi, I was working as usual with my NUCLEO WL55JC1 board, powered from external 3.3V.  Everything was working correctly and I turned the power suplly off, after turning it on again (next day), the board didn't work. I know the program is not runnin because I had a blinking LED that remains off. If I try to load the program to the board again I get teh following errors:

Error in final launch sequence:

Error message from debugger back end:
Error finishing flash operation
Failed to execute MI command:

When I connect the board to the computer, the biclor LED flashes and then remains red, indicating initialization between the PC and STLINK-V3E is complete, after fail uploading the program the led remains green indicating communication finished and successful but no debug session was even started.

I´d like to know if my board is dead or if there is something I can try to make it work

Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi, I managed to make it work again, here is what happened:

I used CubeProgrammer to access the flah memory, and even though it showed an error on the read operation, it allowed me to perform a full chip erase. After doing that I was able to upload my code to the board again, however, the radio part was not working. I realised that the board was restarting "randomly" and eventually I figured out that it was just after sending data via LoRa. Actually the MCU was generating a reset jus after entering stop2 mode, which was entered after sending a radio packet, so it was indeed sendig data but could´t receve the response because the reset generated when it was supposed to enter low power mode. To solve that I changed the state of the flash option byte nRST_STOP which precisely makes the either MCU restart or keep running when entering low power mode.
That's how I worked around this issue and it has been working ok since then. I suppose the flash content got corrupted but I don't know what the cause might have been.

Thank you very much for your support

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
IIRHO.1
ST Employee

Hello @JPablo1 and welcome to ST Community.

I suggest you to change the pin of boot and try again.

Best Regards.

Issam

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hi, I managed to make it work again, here is what happened:

I used CubeProgrammer to access the flah memory, and even though it showed an error on the read operation, it allowed me to perform a full chip erase. After doing that I was able to upload my code to the board again, however, the radio part was not working. I realised that the board was restarting "randomly" and eventually I figured out that it was just after sending data via LoRa. Actually the MCU was generating a reset jus after entering stop2 mode, which was entered after sending a radio packet, so it was indeed sendig data but could´t receve the response because the reset generated when it was supposed to enter low power mode. To solve that I changed the state of the flash option byte nRST_STOP which precisely makes the either MCU restart or keep running when entering low power mode.
That's how I worked around this issue and it has been working ok since then. I suppose the flash content got corrupted but I don't know what the cause might have been.

Thank you very much for your support