Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nucleo-WBA52CG issue after hard reset

innophase_dinot
Associate

Hi,

I have a NUCLEO-WBA52CG dev board.

I am seeing an issue whenever I do hard reset for the first time after power-on.
After power-on my the loaded application works as expected, after a hard reset(using the button), the clock configuration seems to be about 44% what is expected.

This behavior can be observed with the BSP example for the board. Basically the delays between LED blinks are longer. I also had an application that prints something via UART and the output was garbage on my serial terminal until i adjusted the baud rate accordingly.
I have not fully tested what else is non-functional but other peripherals may also be affected since my other application(Using SPI, DMA, interrupts, etc) was no longer working as expected instead of just running slower.

Interestingly, a second reset fixes the issue. A third reset goes back to the problem state, and then another reset it is again working as expected.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Remy ISSALYS
ST Employee

Hello,

It's a know issue on STM32WBA5x revision A describe in stm32wba5x device errata sheet (ES0592), see part "2.2.3 SYSCLK may not reach the PLL1 frequency when step switch is enabled". The workaround is implemented in HAL under the STM32WBAXX_SI_CUT1_0 define. To solve your issue, you have to set this define in your project. 

Best Regards 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @innophase_dinot and welcome to the ST Community 😊.

I've been able to reproduce the behavior that you have seen on the BSP example, and I've reported to the Community For correction (under internal ticket number 185548). For other behavior, I'm not able to reproduce, can you give more details about how to reproduce them.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Remy ISSALYS
ST Employee

Hello,

It's a know issue on STM32WBA5x revision A describe in stm32wba5x device errata sheet (ES0592), see part "2.2.3 SYSCLK may not reach the PLL1 frequency when step switch is enabled". The workaround is implemented in HAL under the STM32WBAXX_SI_CUT1_0 define. To solve your issue, you have to set this define in your project. 

Best Regards