cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NUCLEO-WB55RG with BLE_HID_Mouse example not connecting.

GS2
Associate III

After flashing NUCLEO-WB55RG board with the executable file from BLE_HID_Mouse example
can't pair the board with the BLE of a computer. Add a device - does not see it!
I have LMP 11.2292 - Bluetooth 5.2

What should I do?

Also, in BLE_HID mouse example README.md I did not find - how SW1, SW2 and SW3 are assigned to joystick!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @GS2 

As said @Alan PORTE and as I've said me and @Andrew Neil on your previous post, The BLE_HID_Mouse is designed to work on the STM32WBA and specially for the Discovery Board. It is not fully compatible with the STM32WB which is a different series (STM32WBA is not the STM32WB). So, you can't run the BLE_HID_Mouse example on an STM32WB and expect it to perfectly work since there is a difference between both series. Also, for the BLE_HID example, you can run and compile it on the STM32CubeIDE. It is just not based on any .ioc file but write directly to the IDE without CubeMX initialization. So you can use it on the CubeIDE (the picture you shared means that it can work on all CubeIDE versions).

Best Regards.

STTwo-32

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Alan PORTE
ST Employee

Dear @GS2 ,

At first glance, it sounds like you are trying to run an example on the wrong board.
Please, can you clarify where did you find this BLE_HID_Mouse example?

Because, on NUCLEO-WB55RG the example is called BLE_HID (without "MOUSE") and the readme file is .txt not .md
Moreover, you are talking about joystick, which indeed doesn't exist on NUCLEO-WB55RG.

Thus, my assumption is that you are trying to run BLE_HID_Mouse example made for board STM32WBA55G-DK1 (where a joystick is implemented).

Best Regards,
Alan Porte
ST MCU Support Team

GS2
Associate III

Thank you Alan,

Yes, you are right, I can see STM32WBA55CGUX_FLASH in my example.

But there were only 2 BLE_HID examples for my P-NUCLEO-WB55RG board available.

HID_BLE_Examples.jpgThat why I picked BLE_HID_Mouse, because BLE_HID is not configurable and there is NA STM32CubeIDE version available for it! So what is your suggestion on how to solve this problem?

Hi Alen, also can you tell what should I do now:

I thought that, if there is a keyboard and mouse example, or better keyboard mouse combo, i will be able to modify keyboard example for my custom keyboard and mouse example to make it air mouse. But without those examples I will not be able to do that my development.

Is there any way to find these examples?

STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @GS2 

As said @Alan PORTE and as I've said me and @Andrew Neil on your previous post, The BLE_HID_Mouse is designed to work on the STM32WBA and specially for the Discovery Board. It is not fully compatible with the STM32WB which is a different series (STM32WBA is not the STM32WB). So, you can't run the BLE_HID_Mouse example on an STM32WB and expect it to perfectly work since there is a difference between both series. Also, for the BLE_HID example, you can run and compile it on the STM32CubeIDE. It is just not based on any .ioc file but write directly to the IDE without CubeMX initialization. So you can use it on the CubeIDE (the picture you shared means that it can work on all CubeIDE versions).

Best Regards.

STTwo-32

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Thank you STTWO-32,Yes I understand it now, but can you tell - is there any keyboard and mouse BLE_HID samples that can run on any board?