cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NUCLEO-WB15CC not showing up in ST BLE Toolbox with custom template

J.L.
Associate

Hello together

I am currently doing the tutorial from ST (STM32WB Getting Started Series: Part 12b, Lab. Receiving data from the phone) to send and receive Information with BLE. I am stuck in the video at 15:00 when the device should show up on the ST BLE Toolbox App. (Some clock settings were not right from the beginning, I adjusted them to the ones in the video)

I already tried:

• repeating the tutorial in case I made any mistakes
  • replacing the services, attributes and array size (was already correct due to latest update), see picture in attachement
  • resetting the nucleo after flashing
  • replacing my app_ble.c and custom_app.c from the google drive (not the ble_conf.h as this has the settings for the WB55)
  • the heart rate example. It works and shows up. replacing the settings from me with the ones from this example (BD_ADDRESS and Power didnt help.

I found another post that was solved with the adjustment of the settings. Since this doesnt work for me, I am asking a new question now.

My computer runs on Windows 11 and I updated all my IDE's (CubeIDE and MX) and ST-Link tonight. Phone is a Samsung A52.

Now to my question: Did anyone else have these problems or could someone please quickly try my code on their nucleo-WB15CC? Do you straight away see a mistake in my files?

The code (project) is attached as a zip. Thank you all very much in advance!

PS: This is my first question, if I did something wrong or you need more information, please let me know.

EDIT: added the information about the clock settings

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
YGail.2
Associate III

So first I would check following points:

Is the stack up to date?

Do use string to float conversion or vice versa, if yes comment them temporarily out

Double check in the header if code generator set the correct values

CFG_BLE_ATT_VALUE_ARRAY_SIZE = 1290

CFG_BLE_NUM_GATT_ATTRIBUTES = 30

CFG_BLE_NUM_GATT_SERVICES = 4

if ​this doesn't work, use the debugger pause after a few second and see if you trigger an error handler, there you can get the most recent error code returning information why there is no advertising

​I​ this doesn't work either, try if advertising works with example projects from cubemx

​Then use the IOC file to start new project

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
YGail.2
Associate III

So first I would check following points:

Is the stack up to date?

Do use string to float conversion or vice versa, if yes comment them temporarily out

Double check in the header if code generator set the correct values

CFG_BLE_ATT_VALUE_ARRAY_SIZE = 1290

CFG_BLE_NUM_GATT_ATTRIBUTES = 30

CFG_BLE_NUM_GATT_SERVICES = 4

if ​this doesn't work, use the debugger pause after a few second and see if you trigger an error handler, there you can get the most recent error code returning information why there is no advertising

​I​ this doesn't work either, try if advertising works with example projects from cubemx

J.L.
Associate

It was the Stack that needed upgrading. I had to do the full extended stack upgrade (../STM32Cube_FW_WB_V1.16.0\Projects\STM32WB_Copro_Wireless_Binaries\STM32WB1x\stm32wb1x_BLE_Stack_full_extended_fw.bin)

How to do it is explained in the youtube video: STM32WB Getting Started Series: Part 9, STM32WB FUS update

"

Other tips that could help:

• Do use string to float conversion or vice versa, if yes comment them temporarily out
  • Double check in the header if code generator set the correct values
  •  

"

If this question needs to be closed/deleted, feel free to do so. I would let it, as it might be useful to others.