Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NUCLEO-WB09KE's ST-Link V3 generate FAIL.TXT and DETAILS.TXT how to fix it

Dvacos
Associate

NUCLEO-WB09KE's ST-Link V3 generate FAIL.TXT and DETAILS.TXT how to fix it

Dvacos_0-1727510312681.png

I have confirmed that the ST-LINK SWD connection is normal. When I pull up BOOT, I can download the code normally

9 REPLIES 9
Hdd
ST Employee

hello @Dvacos ,

the problem could be linked to the ST-Link V3 firmware on the NUCLEO-WB09KE board.

To resolve this, I recommend upgrading the firmware of your ST-Link V3. You can do this by following these steps:

1. Download the STSW-LINK007 Utility: Visit the STSW-LINK007 page on the STMicroelectronics website.

2. Install the Utility: Follow the instructions on the website to install the STSW-LINK007 utility.

3. Upgrade the Firmware:

• Connect your NUCLEO-WB09KE board to your computer using a USB cable.
    • Launch the STSW-LINK007 utility.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to upgrade the firmware of your ST-Link V3.

After upgrading the firmware, reconnect your NUCLEO-WB09KE board and check if the issue is resolved.

If you need further assistance, feel free to ask!

more information can be found in the UM :

Hdd_1-1727689199699.png

I have already upgraded st linkv3,but Before and after upgrading again,I still can't connect tommexport1727687909892.png the NUCLEO-WB09KE

My other boards can connect and recognize normally

mmexport1727688098579.png

Hdd
ST Employee

have you updated the stm32cubeprogrammer program? which version are you using? 

stm32cubeprogrammer,It is the latest version on the official website

Hdd
ST Employee

For your information, the application, which is programmed during production, activates the low-power mode, so the SWD port is no longer accessible after the board is booted. You therefore need to follow the UM of this board, see below for a screenshot of the UM.

Hdd_2-1727689350465.png

I have reviewed this document,

1. I pulled up the boot, ST link v3, but still generated a fail. txt file

2. I configured the program to enable SWD, but even after pulling up the boot and downloading it, it still generates a fail. txt file

I can see from your screenshot that the stlink version you used is not the most recent version available on the ST website. Can you use the link above? you will need the latest version of the stlink utility: 3.15.7

Hello @Dvacos 

Coul you please try to connect this board using those parameters:

STTwo32_0-1727701246202.png

Best Regards.

STTwo-32

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.