cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to get UART data on NUCLEO-L073RZ + SX1272 mbed shield

Ismail1
Associate II

Greetings to all,
I'm new with this development board. I download the I-CUBE- LRWAN for end node creation on NUCLEO-L073RZ + SX1272 mbed shield. I tried to send data over UART to my NUCLEO Board, then send it to my Lora gateway but I am not able to recieve or transmit any data via UART to my board. I have a question can I use UART with the SX1272 mbed shield ? If yes how to configure it without ioc file ?
Thanks in advance

4 REPLIES 4

I don't recall the shield interfering with the Arduino D0/D1 which might conflict with the VCP on NUCLEO-64 designs. The L073 has perhaps 3 viable UARTs

Is there a hwconf type file in the build? That's how Semtech defined UARTs and DIO / SPI pins of the SX127x parts.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Andrew Neil
Evangelist III

@Ismail1 wrote:

I'm new with this development board.

Do you have experience with STM32 in general? and/or other microcontrollers?

@Ismail1 wrote:

SX1272 mbed shield.

This: https://os.mbed.com/components/SX1272MB2xAS/ ?

@Ismail1 wrote:

I tried to send data over UART to my NUCLEO Board, ... but I am not able to receive or transmit any data via UART to my board. 

How, exactly, did you do that - using the ST-Link's VCP? another UART?

Did you get this working without the SX1272 mbed shield ?

@Ismail1 wrote:

can I use UART with the SX1272 mbed shield ? 

It should be possible - check the User Manual for the Nucleo board, and the documentation for the shield, for any conflicts.

Choose your UARTs and pins accordingly.

If you are trying to use the ST-Link VCP, check that the pins it uses aren't "blocked" by the shield - as @Tesla DeLorean mentioned.

Posting tips:

https://community.st.com/t5/community-guidelines/how-to-write-your-question-to-maximize-your-chances-to-find-a/ta-p/575228

I have some experience with STM32 but not alot . 

yes its SX1272MB2xAS  

i used other UART i tried UART 1,2,4,5 but i didn t configure it in the ioc because the i cube lrwan  for the l073rz is a code generated by ST so i just configured the UART in the main.c/main.h i dont know if what im doing is right but im trying to make it work .

yes its working fine when i use UART with the ioc configuration without the i cube lrwan project 

im not using ST-LINK VCP 

sorry for the terrible reply  format 

Ismail1
Associate II

im trrying to read Energie values from the easylogic pm2200 series by schneider electric via modbus and its working perfectly if im not using the i cube lrwan by ST  but i want to use lora to send that data   so used SX1272MB2xAS   and   i configured my UART in main.c and main.h but it is not working (i tried to use the UART2 configured in the code but its not working)  i think its not a simple configuration in the main.c and the main.h  but i can t figure it out.          im not using VCP .