cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for examples for OTA programming for the STM32WL using LoRa

JRodr.4
Associate

Greetings.

I am planning on building a project using this wonderful chip. Over-the-air updating is not required but would be a very good feature to have. I have no previous experience with this sort of programming, and I would like to know if there are any examples I can look into to see if it would be possible for me to implement them.

I saw there were examples for LoRaWAN FUOTA included with STM32CUBEWL:

0693W00000BZhp6QAD.png 

It is most likely my fault due to lack of knowledge of this technique, but looking through the folders and reading the readmes included, I couldn't find an example of uploading a new program through LoRa or similar.

Any pointers in the right direction would be greatly appreciated! Thank you very much.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
YBOUV.1
Senior

Hi @Jairo Rodríguez-Blanco​ , @SRavn.1​ ,

A dual Core Fuota exists, it located here

Application Note is here:

https://www.st.com/resource/en/application_note/dm00732469-lorawan-firmware-update-over-the-air-with-stm32cubewl-stmicroelectronics.pdf

A single Core FUOTA application will be released soon,

Please Note that a FUOTA devices requires a LoraWan Network Server capable of running FUOTA campaign

Best regards

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
SRavn.1
Associate II

Hi,

Same applies for me.

Were hoping for a demo / howto soon.

Sindre

YBOUV.1
Senior

Hi @Jairo Rodríguez-Blanco​ , @SRavn.1​ ,

A dual Core Fuota exists, it located here

Application Note is here:

https://www.st.com/resource/en/application_note/dm00732469-lorawan-firmware-update-over-the-air-with-stm32cubewl-stmicroelectronics.pdf

A single Core FUOTA application will be released soon,

Please Note that a FUOTA devices requires a LoraWan Network Server capable of running FUOTA campaign

Best regards

FTron.2
Associate

Hi, I am using LoRa-E5 from Seeed and I want do software updates by LoRa. I read the Application Note 5554 but just will work whit STM32WL dual core. Can someone do work the firmware update by single core microcontrolers?