cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kit arrived damaged - Lora board not powering on.

CROBI.1
Associate II

Hi,

I received my kit and saw that the package was damaged in some place.

After powering on NUCLEO-L073RZ, no obvious problem (LED are OK).

On NUCLEO-F746ZG, everything seems OK too (LED OK)

On LRWAN_GS_HF1, no LED turns ON. If I understand well, at least a PWR LED is supposed to turn on when powered.

I tried both Power connector (on the LRWAN_GS_HF1 and on the NUCLEO-F746ZG, with the same result. I suspect that the board is DOA.

Can you help please?

Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6
CROBI.1
Associate II

@Sylvie Boube-Politano​ , is there anything I can do until Friday please?

Bartosz BORYNA
ST Employee

​You are, right, the green power LED populated close to microUSB power supply socket of  LRWAN_GS_HF1 shall be on. Could you please try different power supply (5V/2A) and/or USB cable ?

Thanks @Bartosz BORYNA​ ,

I tried 2 different power supply (5V/2.4A). I also tried 2 different USB cables that works with other devices.

None of this solve the problem :(

Bartosz BORYNA
ST Employee

​Is it possible on your side to exclude LED problem itself and go through the gateway configuration following prerequisites document ?

Thanks for your suggestion @Bartosz BORYNA​ 

I tried many things today. Here are the most relevant results

First, I tried to connect like explained in the documentation: Lora card to power supply and Nucleo card to PC. Good news: the serial port is discovered by Windows as STLink Virtual COM Port (COM3) and a device called "NODE_F746ZG" is recognised as drive E:. Bad news: using TeraTerm on COM3 (115200,8,1,N,N), nothing appears. No text, even scrambled. Nothing.

Second, I tried to program the device with the firmware SubGHz_Phy_Base_Station.bin but the programmer failed to connect and I never succeeded in programming the board. The error is "ST-LINK error (DEV_USB_COMM_ERR)" and then "Error: Problem occured while trying to connect".

Third, I tried to upgrade the firmware of the ST-LINK but it failed. It properly detects the STLink and, when I click on "Open in Update Mode" button, it says after some time "... error 0x21..." It seems that it is able to read the STLink ID (long number like 0671FF...3629) but when It comes to current version, it says Version unknown.

What can I try else please? Any suggestion welcome. Thanks ��

Hello @Bartosz BORYNA​ ,

do you have any idea please? I’m afraid I won’t be able to attend the workshop.

thanks.