cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ST32WB55RG - ST target device not found. Unable to detect DBGMCU Mailbox ST

Abisali
Associate

Hello Community,

A beginner here, apologies for the ignorance.

A project was attempted to be made with a STM32WB55RG Nucleo board. Initially I wanted to hook up a peripheral pixycam to process the generated analog signal with the nucleo board to drive in turn other peripherals.

The fear is that the nucleo board has been damaged by it, and I was wondering why that may have occurred. 

The problem being experienced now is that when trying to program the board, it gives an error saying the target device can not be found.

The board is hooked up via the ST Link usb connector and J1 is set for powering via STLI. 

In ST32CubeProgrammer it gives the error:
"Error: No STM32 target found! If your product embeds Debug Authentication, please perform a discovery using Debug Authentication."

When trying DA, it gives the error: "Failed to communicate with the target!" and "open_comms : 485 : open : Unable to detect DBGMCU Mailbox"

Any connection configuration mode returns negatively.

When connecting 3.3V with BOOT0 and pushing reset prior connection attempt, nothing happens when trying to connect with UART/USB. 

I haven't found a method yet to fully erase the board without a connection.

The firmware is upgraded and the drivers are up to date. The Serial number of the ST link is recognized and in device management the ST Link Debugger can be seen.

In ST Link Utitlity, it recommends to connect under reset but in any way it returns with an error that it is not able to connect to the target.

Looking at the target information it gives the values of detection failed for both Target & Target Voltage.

LED6 shows an idle red light, which blinks green upon powering up. However when plugging the other connector ( USB_USER ), the same led does not light at all, which I believe should be the case. I can't find the right documentation describing the LED function anymore

This leads me to believe that the board has a power defect. Possibly because I may have hooked the peripheral whilst it being powered on or maybe having used the wrong connector pins.

Is this analysis correct? Does hooking up a powered device/pcb to the power pins of the nucleo board cause damage to the circuit? Is there anyway to salvage the board? 

Or am I missing a different solution?

Much appreciated for taking the time to read and thinking along

0 REPLIES 0