cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to add more than 5 BLE characteristics per service

nollstead
Associate III

Hello, I'm configuring an STM32WB55CEU6 in STM32CubeIDE and am setting up the BLE part now and I noticed that the IDE only let's me setup 5 characteristics per service.  In my application (a remote control) I need about 15 characteristics.  Is there a way to increase that number?    

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
_Joe_
ST Employee

Hi Nollstead,
With STM32WB, it is not possible to add more than 5 characteristics  per service using STM32CubeMX. The solution would be to add the other characteristic manually without using STM32CubeMX.
This limitation has been improved on STM32WBA, with a maximum of 25 characteristics  per service.

BR, Joé

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
_Joe_
ST Employee

Hi Nollstead,
With STM32WB, it is not possible to add more than 5 characteristics  per service using STM32CubeMX. The solution would be to add the other characteristic manually without using STM32CubeMX.
This limitation has been improved on STM32WBA, with a maximum of 25 characteristics  per service.

BR, Joé

Thank you for your answer, I suspected that was the case and this explains why I saw references to 25 in a few places.  Right now since I'm an STM32 newbie I'd like to stick to STM32CubeIDE so it'd probably work to spread those across three services so I'll try that.

_Joe_
ST Employee

Yes, it would seem to be a good solution to keep your project compatible with the Cube ecosystem.

BR, Joé