cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inaccuracies in AN5165

Shamrel
Associate II

I feel uncomfortable with this: on page 26 AN5165 there are shown layers purposes. In particular, written, that INNER1 used as "grounding under the RF zones", but on images below (Figure 33) under RF this layer is deleted and as reference used another layer INNER2 (Figure 34). To check this I've downloaded Altium-project P-NUCLEO-WB55 and there actually INNER2 was as reference. Furthermore I find discrepancy of layers in Figure 24 and layer stack in projects. I've made some calculations: actually sizes of conductors and gaps correspond to the stack in the project, the p-NUCLEO-WB55 Board is executed correctly.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Remi QUINTIN
ST Employee

There is effectively a mismatch between the text mentioning that the INNER 1 is the GND ref and the example of the Nucleo Board.

It depends on the calculation for the RF 50 ohms track. A new release of the AN5165 is ongoing.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Remi QUINTIN
ST Employee

There is effectively a mismatch between the text mentioning that the INNER 1 is the GND ref and the example of the Nucleo Board.

It depends on the calculation for the RF 50 ohms track. A new release of the AN5165 is ongoing.

Shamrel
Associate II

Thanks! You've dispelled my doubts!