cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to run multiple different models on different elements in a node??

AC.3
Associate III

I am using STM32WB55 Nucleo Pack (STM32WB55RGV6 MCU) and STM32Cube_FW_WB_V1.3.0 SDK, I uploaded BLE_MeshLightingDemo code (without any edit) and provisioned the node using ST BLE Mesh app , all the elements in a node shows simillar models.

I want to to run different models on different elements in a single node, help me please....

23 REPLIES 23
EMECH
ST Employee

​Hi,

The choices of the  number of elements, the number of models per element, the number of network keys and application keys are limited to the FLASH size allocation of the node limited to 2 sectors (8 Kbytes).

Up to now the choices guided by customer requirements were:

• 3 elements
  • 21 models
  • 3 network keys
  • 3 application keys

These limits are set inside the BLE MESH library, any modification on these values implies a new library binary.

Nevertheless these values can be adjusted especially for the number of elements and the number of models as following for example:

• 10 elements
  • 6 models
  • 3 network keys
  • 3 application keys

Best regards.

AC.3
Associate III

Hi,

I want to use 6 elements per node, how should I add these 3 models in each element?

Only bitmap of 3 bits are defined here.

/*******************************************************************************

*** Following section helps to select right configuration of Models ***********

*******************************************************************************/

/******************************************************************************/

/* Define the following Macros to enable the usage of the           */

/* Server Generic Models                           */

/* Definition is a bitmap of 3 bits: bit 2 element 3             */ 

/*                  bit 1 element 2             */

/*                  bit 0 element 1             */

/* Example: 6 means Model enabled in element 2 and 3             */

/******************************************************************************/

/* Define the following Macros to enable the usage of the Server Generic Models */

#define ENABLE_GENERIC_MODEL_SERVER_ONOFF                  (1)

#define ENABLE_GENERIC_MODEL_SERVER_LEVEL                  (1)

#define ENABLE_VENDOR_MODEL_SERVER                      (1)

I changed the number of elements to 6 and model count to 5 models

#define APPLICATION_NUMBER_OF_ELEMENTS                     6

/* Max SIG Models per element */

#define USER_SIG_MODELS_MAX_COUNT                       4

/* Max Vendor Models per element */

#define USER_VENDOR_MODELS_MAX_COUNT                      1

EMECH
ST Employee

​Hi,

As I have written just before, with the current STM32Cube_FW_WB_V1.9.0 version it is not possible to have more than 3 elements.

These limits are set inside the BLE MESH library, any modification on these values implies a new library binary.

APPLICATION_NUMBER_OF_ELEMENTS in mesh_cfg_usr.h file just set the number of elements your application use in the limit of the MESH library capacity, 3 for the STM32Cube_FW_WB_V1.9.0 package.

Best regards.

AC.3
Associate III

Hi,

Thanks for your all support.

why not ST give access to the user to set the number of elements per node more than 3.

You have written before

"Nevertheless these values can be adjusted especially for the number of elements and the number of models as following for example:

• 10 elements
  • 6 models
  • 3 network keys
  • 3 application keys

"

Some customers requires more elements and less models per node for their applications

Does the coming STM32Cube_FW_WB_V1.10.0 support more than 3 elements?

Otherwise customers(including me) will move to other MCUs.