cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32WB Resolvable Private Address

LSpad.1
Associate III

Hi,

I am trying to use resolvable private addresses with BLE on two STM32WB-NUCLEO, one acting as P2PClient, one as P2PServer.

The Architecture i would like to realize is:

• one BLEClient that acts like a collector, it receives data from some peripherals and send them to an Online server via Wifi or GSM connection.
  • 6-8 BLEServers that samples data and send them to the BLEClient.

I have thought about this implementation:

• The clients have always the same IRK, flashed during the first programming, and knows the IRKs of the servers in order to connect them.
  • The servers have all different IRK, flashed during first programming, and performs directed advertising on the client address.
  • The client knows witch are the servers he should connect (read the IRK from the Online server), so it connects the servers (that are direct advertising it) using resolvable private addresses.
  • It is not important if the BLE connections are all always up or the collector connects one BLEServer at the time.

I succeeded in direct advertise and connect with public addresses (for now only one server), now i am trying to switch to resolvable private addresses. For semplicity, right now i am using the the same IRK for both part, client and server.

I am following AN5289 "Building wireless applications with

STM32WB Series microcontrollers", in particular chapter 6.7.

in aci_gap_init() i have set the privacy as 0x02, in order to not resolve the addresses in code but automatically.

I am finding difficulties in compile aci_gap_add_devices_to_resolving_list() , in particular in the Whitelist_Identity_Entry_t. This structure has 2 fields, the first is intended to select the type of address to add in whitelist, so i picked "0x01: Random (static) Identity Address", but i don't understand the second one. If addess is resolvable, it has a random part and the hash, and i can resolve it using the IRK key, so what should i write here? if part of the address is random i can't forecast it, so it is impossible to know witch will be the address, also if i have the IRK.

How can i add all the IRK keys of the servers to the client? I have read that is possible to "add keys", but i have not found an API that is specific for this.

Is there some example of using of resolvable private addresses? I have searched on the web but found nothing.

Thank you in advance

Lorenzo

0 REPLIES 0