cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to run multiple different models on different elements in a node??

AC.3
Associate III

I am using STM32WB55 Nucleo Pack (STM32WB55RGV6 MCU) and STM32Cube_FW_WB_V1.3.0 SDK, I uploaded BLE_MeshLightingDemo code (without any edit) and provisioned the node using ST BLE Mesh app , all the elements in a node shows simillar models.

I want to to run different models on different elements in a single node, help me please....

23 REPLIES 23
AC.3
Associate III

Hi EMECH ,

Thanks for helping me.

I changed the configurations as you mentioned,

#define ENABLE_GENERIC_MODEL_SERVER_ONOFF                                 (7) //element 1 + element 2 + element 3

#define ENABLE_GENERIC_MODEL_SERVER_LEVEL                                   (2) //element 2

And:

#define APPLICATION_NUMBER_OF_ELEMENTS                                        3

The provisioning completed successfully, but Couldn't configure the node.

The BLE Mesh app trying to get Device Composition Data(Loading Device Composition Data),but it can't.0693W000004H4wdQAC.png

0693W000004H4vgQAC.png

0693W000004H4xWQAS.png

EMECH
ST Employee

​Hi,

I have done the test with success on the cubeWB FW package V1.8 package with an Iphone 8 on IOS 14.0.

What is your environment configuration ?

Best regards.

AC.3
Associate III

I'm using STM32Cube_FW_WB_V1.8.0 package with an Android Smartphone(VIVO) with Android 9 version

I'm using BLE_MeshLightingPRFNode project from the package.

I changed only the configurations as you mentioned in mesh_cfg_usr.h file

#define ENABLE_GENERIC_MODEL_SERVER_ONOFF                                 (7) //element 1 + element 2 + element 3

#define ENABLE_GENERIC_MODEL_SERVER_LEVEL                                   (2) //element 2

And:

#define APPLICATION_NUMBER_OF_ELEMENTS                                        3

Is any other changes required in the code??

AC.3
Associate III

Serial printed data is

Unprovisioned device

PB-ADV Enabled

PB-GATT Enabled

Feature: Relay Enabled

Feature: Proxy Enabled

Feature: Friend Enabled

Models data will be saved in Flash

Number of Elements enabled: 3

Neighbour Table is enabled

Generic On Off Server Model enabled

Generic Level Server Model enabled

Light Lightness Server Model enabled

BLE-Mesh Lighting Demo v1.12.008

BLE-Mesh Library v01.12.008

BLE Stack v1.8.0 Branch=0 Type=5

FUS v1.0.2

BD_MAC Address = xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

UUID Address = [f8] [1d] [4f] [ae] [7d] [ec] [4b] [53] [a1] [54] [b5] [24] [08] [26] [e1] [c0]

211667 Appli_BleUnprovisionedIdentifyCb - Unprovisioned Node Identifier received: 0a

212667 Appli_BleAttentionTimerCb -

213667 Appli_BleAttentionTimerCb -

214667 Appli_BleAttentionTimerCb -

215667 Appli_BleAttentionTimerCb -

216667 Appli_BleAttentionTimerCb -

217667 Appli_BleAttentionTimerCb -

218667 Appli_BleAttentionTimerCb -

220407 Appli_BleAttentionTimerCb -

221407 Appli_BleAttentionTimerCb -

Device is provisioned by provisioner

222407 Appli_BleAttentionTimerCb -

EMECH
ST Employee

​Hi,

OK, the troubles you have with multi element during provisoning with Android ST BLE Mesh App is solved in the next Android ST BLE Mesh App and the STM32Cube_FW_WB_V1.9.0 normally availables at the end of this month.

With the IOS ST BLE Mesh App and the STM32Cube_FW_WB_V1.8.0 you do not have this kind of trouble.

In the meantime, perhaps you can have the opportunity to use the IOS ST BLE Mesh App ?

Best regards.

AC.3
Associate III

Hi EMECH,

We tried  IOS ST BLE Mesh App with an Iphone 6s on IOS 14.0  and the STM32Cube_FW_WB_V1.8.0(three elements per node) , but the same problem occurred again. Couldn't configured the node after provisioning.

EMECH
ST Employee

​Hi,

OK, as I have written I did not have this trouble with STM32Cube_FW_WB_V1.8.0 and IOS ST BLE Mesh App with an Iphone 8 on IOS 14.0.

Do you have the same trouble during Loading Device Composition Data ?

Did you try to provision many times ?

Best regards

AC.3
Associate III

Yes, I  have the same trouble during Loading Device Composition Data, So configuration failed.

I tried a lot of times, but the result was same.

Here is my mesh_usr_cfg.h file.

Would you please suggest me if there any other changes required?

EMECH
ST Employee

​Hi,

Please try with the new STM32Cube_FW_WB_V1.9.0 published on https://www.st.com/en/embedded-software/stm32cubewb.html

This release includes a lot of modifications related to the described troubles.

Do not forget to update the BLE stack, see the how to proceed in STM32Cube_FW_WB_V1.9.0/Projects/STM32WB_Copro_Wireless_Binaries/STM32WB5x/Release_Notes.html.

Best regards.

AC.3
Associate III

Hi,

Thanks for your help.

It worked successfully with 3 elements per node.

Is there any option to increment the number of elements per node greater than three in STM32Cube_FW_WB_V1.9.0 version??

Why ST always limiting number of elements to 3 even BLE mesh node supports more than 10 elements???