cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to on STM32Cube_FW_WL_V1.1.0

FRest.1
Associate III

Hello,

I’m working with NUCLEO-WL55JC1. I’ve done some tests with STM32CubeIDE ver 1.6.1 firmware 1.0.0 (STM32Cube_FW_WL_V1.0.0) and, after some difficulty, it’s working as aspected. To fix ideas on the job done, I’ve made a Youtube video (https://youtu.be/40wuXKoA44Y).

Then I’ve updated STM32CubeIDE to version 1.7.0 and loaded a new firmware version 1.1.0. Of course, something is changed.

Now seems that the use of BSP Driver is mandatory (file platform.h row 32). I’ve imported in my project, from firmware 1.1.0, the BSP driver and added the path on the IDE setting.

Then I was able to compile without errors. I’ve sent the new code on the Nucleo board. It starts and I’ve initial data on debugger console. The initial try to connect to the TTN application shows that the join seems accepted, but then no more data are sent. It looks like if the loop (with default 1000 mS) does not take place. At the moment I have no idea how to proceed (again, I'll have to spend a very long time e to fix the problem �� :-) )

Can I have some help,

Thanks, Fabrizio

10 REPLIES 10

Works like a charm, thanks to both of you, @IREMI.1​  and @FRest.1​ ! For my custom board (a Seeed LoRa-E5 Mini) I found the pseudo BSP quite easy to use - and I just began using STM32, so I am a real greenhorn ;)

The only thing I am missing a bit is some sort of visual feedback (similar to syntax highligthing) from the editor about the user vs code generation zones in the code files. In the editor it should be possible to mark "non-user" vs "user" zones with some different color scheme (say a slightly different background), so I know where to write code and where not to touch. I now do it like this:

/* USER CODE BEGIN LoRaWAN_Init_3 */
    /* vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv */

SYS_PB_Init(SYS_BUTTON1, SYS_BUTTON_MODE_EXTI);

/* ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ */
    /* USER CODE END LoRaWAN_Init_3 */

It really helps me to find my code in between the lines written by Mr. CubeMX, some files are heavily "mixed".

Thanks again, very helpful!