cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to implement a BLE Client on a STM32WB55 Nucleo with the STM32Cube IDE.

SGimm.1
Associate II

I have a STM32WB55 Nucleo with which I would like to implement a BLE client (mast, central). In the end it should be able to automatically parse with another BLE (slave, peripheral).

Currently I have no idea how to accomplish this task and my Google Skills were disappointing.

Does anyone have an example project or knows a good reference?

4 REPLIES 4
ChahinezC
Lead

Hello @SGimm.1​,

I recommend you referring to the "Academy -> eLearning Catalog", you will find there different official trainings, including the "STM32 Wireless BLE" under the "General Purpose Microcontrollers" topic.

You can also check the "Building wireless applications with STM32WB Series microcontrollers" AN5289 and you can have a look at the projects of the WB Cube Firmware, it will help you get started with your project.

Chahinez.

SGimm.1
Associate II

Thanks

SGimm.1
Associate II

Hello again @ChahinezC​,

I implemented the BLE_p2p example and was able to connect two stm32WB55 boards with each other. I than tried to connect a sensor with a HC-08 BLE Modul to the Nucleo Client. I changed the uuid and name from the HC-08 (BLE v4.0) to the same uuid from the Nucleo server which was able to connect to the Nucleo client. Sadly the GAP between the HC-08 and the Nucleo doesn’t work.

Now my Question:

Is BLE 5.0 compatible with BLE 4.0? If so what kind of other configurations are there to enable the connection between the two? (UUID, Name, PIN should be implemented correctly)

Kind regards,

Samuel

ChahinezC
Lead

Hello @SGimm.1​,

• Yes, BLE 5.0 is compatible with BLE 4.0.

• For projects examples and configurations, I recommend you referring to the projects provided within the STM32 Cube WB under the "..\STM32Cube_FW_WB\Projects\NUCLEO-WB15CC\Applications\BLE". The user manual UM2551 "STM32CubeWB Nucleo demonstration firmware" will help you.

• To connect directly to HC-08 BLE Module, you can also modify the code of P2P_client example instead.

Chahinez.