cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi Team, i used to design STM32WB5MMG IC for my application. i have temperarture sensor MAX30102. i need to communicate with mcu with i2c .its working on 1v8.shall i connect directly to mcu i2c? or 3V3 to 1V8 level translator is required inbetween?

AJAY S
Associate II

10 REPLIES 10
Foued_KH
ST Employee

Hello @AJAY S​ ,

The MAX30102 operates on a single 1.8V power supply and a separate 3.3V power supply for the internal LEDs. (DATASHEET)

0693W00000Y8twCQAR.png So, try to provide 1V8 as a power supply for the sensor MAX30102.

Foued

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

AJAY S
Associate II

this is my shematic design sir here i2c i use 1v8 is that okey to communicate STM32WBMMG chip. in between 3v3 to 1v8 level shifter is required? or not thats my doubt0693W00000Y8u5EQAR.png

Foued_KH
ST Employee

I think you are alright as recommended in the Datasheet of the sensor MAX30102 :

0693W00000Y8uG7QAJ.pngFoued

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

MY host is 3V3 sir,but my sensor is 1v8 thats why i had confussion.

Try to use a regulator to provide 1V8 like the LDK130M-R.

0693W00000Y8uIhQAJ.pngI advice you take a look : Schematic diagram Motion MEMS and environmental sensor expansion board for STM32 Nucleo -

When your question is answered, please close this topic by choosing Select as Best. This will help other users find that answer faster. 

Foued

MM..1
Chief II

You can use it , because is in max ratings but need have this levels in range primary low under ...0693W00000Y8uwwQAB.pngas you see High dont have defined up limit ... abs max ratings is 6V

thank you for your support

Ashutosh1
Associate II

@AJAY S​ please help me regarding the programming of this mcu stm32wbmmg i am able to flash a program but not able to find out the ble module