cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HI, in the last days i got a problem with the connection between STM CubeProg... and my LoRaWAN module based on STM32WLE5CC (RAK3172) can you help me solve this problem please.

rib.1
Associate II
5 REPLIES 5

What changed since you last programmed it successfully?

Did the changes put the device into a low power mode?

If the device is non-responsive check that it is properly powered, and entering System ROM ie reset with BOOT0 High.

You get one shot at connectivity. Make sure there is no noise on this UART connection, and there are signals on other UARTs described in AN2606. For example a GNSS Receiver that immediately starts squawking at power up, etc.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
rib.1
Associate II

Hi,

first of all thank you for the response.

actually there was no last programmed time, its the first time that im trying to program this Board.

the STM core of this board is the STM32WLE5CC. its seems like the CubeProgrammer dosn't support it.(if i'am wrong tell me )

the BOOT0 is High

Takahashi
Associate II

Hello rib.1

I don't use this module, but the other day I was looking through the documentation.

Have you seen the tutorial link below?

https://docs.rakwireless.com/Product-Categories/WisDuo/RAK3172-Module/Low-Level-Development/#running-the-lorawan-end-node-example-of-stm32wl-sdk-on-the-rak3172

The problem looks like something related to the serial connection, in this tutorial it shows how to connect the module and program it. Maybe it's useful.

Best Regards.

rib.1
Associate II

Hello Takahashi,

Thnak you for the advice, i have already tried this tutorial, but i have always the same problem.

Best Regards.

I'd expect you'd need to connect the NRST, you have one-shot at connecting using the ROM loader and serial connectivity.

Re-evaluate, and use an ST-LINK connected via the SWDIO, SWCLK, NRST, VCC, GND. That way at least you have some part to debug the code you push into the device.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..