cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi everyone. I took the example of a project Zigbee_OnOff_Client_SED on a module STM32WB5MMGH6TR and got a supply current of 3 mA instead of 3 μA. How can I fix sleep mode?

Maxim Shylo
Associate II

4 REPLIES 4
Maxim Shylo
Associate II

UPD: I was getting a big power supply when connecting to *****. When I used the Zigbee_OnOff_Server_Coord application example, the power supply dropped significantly. What can be special?

Remy ISSALYS
ST Employee

Hello,

Zigbee_OnOff_Client_SED example is available on P-NUCLEO-WB55.Nucleo and allows to enter in STOP2 low power mode with a supply current of 3 uA. You can modify this example to use it on STM32WB5MMGH6TR module.

If you have a supply current of 3 mA you didn't go in low power mode. If you measure the current on the STM32WB5MMG Discovery Kit, there is an overconsumption due to ST-Link supply which is connected on STM32WB5MMG supply, so you can't reach a supply current of 3 uA.

Best Regards

Maxim Shylo
Associate II

This current is achieved with the ST-Link disconnected.

PPREN.1
ST Employee

Hi Maxim,

Previously to the initial setup step, the SED will desperately search for a coordinator, hence, with the application Zigbee_OnOff_Client_SED, you need to provide also a coordinator, else you will stay in the "previous to setup commissioning done" step (quite power consuming) as long as a coordinator is not there.

In attachment, three steps: first step without ZC (Coordinator), a second step with the commissioning between SED and ZC, a third step (with 3 power spikes) with SED requesting to toggle ZC' led every second.

Cdlt, Pascal