cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with P-Nucleo LRWAN2 for Point-to-Point Communication: Undefined Reference Error"

2001jolly
Associate III

Hello,

I am working on a point-to-point communication project using the P-Nucleo LRWAN2 board package. In this setup:

• The NUCLEO-L073RZ acts as the transmitter.
  • The NUCLEO-F746ZGT6 acts as the receiver.

I have downloaded the LoRaWAN package for STM32Cube provided by ST, but I am facing difficulties using the library in STM32CubeIDE.

Here’s what I’ve done so far:

1. I created a new project in STM32CubeIDE.
  2. I started copying the .c and .h files from the LoRaWAN package into my project.
  3. I included the necessary header files, but I am still getting "undefined reference" errors during the build process.

Could someone guide me on the correct way to integrate the LoRaWAN library with STM32CubeIDE? I’m not sure if I’m missing any specific configurations or additional steps to properly set up the project for point-to-point communication.

Thanks for your help!Inc and Src FolderInc and Src Folder

ConsoleConsole

main.c filemain.c file

https://www.st.com/en/evaluation-tools/p-nucleo-lrwan2.html https://www.st.com/en/embedded-software/i-cube-lrwan.html#overview 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

It is not that hard. For the gateway side you have juste to flash the binary from our website to your F7 board. Everything is well shown on the video. For the End node, you have to download the I-CUBE-LRWAN package, unzip it, go to, project>NUCLEO-L073Z>Application>LoRaWAN>LoRaWAN_End_Node. Then, generate the project using your favorite IDE (CubeIDE, IAR or Keil). Compile it and uplode it to the end node board (follow the other videos of the playlist that i've shared befor to understand what parameters youshould modifier and how to connect the End node to the Gateway (it us almost the same as the STM32WL board).

Please tell me what is the part that you have problem to do it so we may try to help.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32 

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @2001jolly and welcome to the ST Community .

First, the NUCLEO-F746ZGT6 on the P-Nucleo LRWAN2 board package is not configured to work as a local node for a P2P application. It is used as a Gateway for LoRaWAN applications. So if you arr looking for a P2P application, you should use two NUCLEO-L073RZ from the Kit. For that you can find a ready to use application (P2P) on the I-Cube-LRWAN. 

You have to know also that thos product are obsolete and not recomanded for New design. So, if you are looking for the new generation of ST Long range products, i suggest you to use our STM32WL series that System-On-Chip integrates both a general purpose microcontroller and a sub-GHz radio on the same chip. It supports modulation such ask LoRa, Gpsk,... Also, it came with two evaluation boards (Nucleo-WL55JC1 and Nucleo-WL55JC2) and a SubGHz module. It came also with a full package of Middleware, drivers examples,... Called STM32CubeWL

Best Regards.

STTwo-32 

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hello,

Thanks for the reply. You are correct, two NUCLEO-L073RZ boards can be used for communication. I will eventually use the NUCLEO-F746ZG as the gateway. 

Could you please suggest how to set up the lora network using  P-NUCLEO-LRWAN2 package where Nucleo-F746ZGT6 would be the gateway  and NUCLEO-FL073Z as local node for LoRa communication? Additionally, I’m encountering undefined reference errors. I have included the necessary .c and .h files, but the issue persists. Any advice on resolving this

Thanks!

For the Gateway, i suggest you to follow the first two videos of this playlist. For the end node, i suggest you to use the end node example (the one for your board) on the I-Cube-LRAWAN Package.

Ps: keep in maind, those products are not recomandet for new design.

Best Regards 

STTwo-32 

If anyone has configured End Node using I-Cube-LRWAN package please share it, I have been struggling to do so.

It is not that hard. For the gateway side you have juste to flash the binary from our website to your F7 board. Everything is well shown on the video. For the End node, you have to download the I-CUBE-LRWAN package, unzip it, go to, project>NUCLEO-L073Z>Application>LoRaWAN>LoRaWAN_End_Node. Then, generate the project using your favorite IDE (CubeIDE, IAR or Keil). Compile it and uplode it to the end node board (follow the other videos of the playlist that i've shared befor to understand what parameters youshould modifier and how to connect the End node to the Gateway (it us almost the same as the STM32WL board).

Please tell me what is the part that you have problem to do it so we may try to help.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32 

Hello

Thanks for your help, I am configuring the wrong files previously due to that I encountered error in .c and .f file. One thing I have to ask more, I am configuring NUCLEO-L073RZ board as end node using end node project in the lora package. In the main.c file there is a default function "MX_LoRaWAN_Process()" how to implement this function.Screenshot 2024-08-20 042222.png