cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello Sir, I am totally new to stm32wb and I am following the youtube workshop3 video of stm32wb. But I want to know how to wirelessly transmit data from the board to our PC by ble fucntion.

NDong.2
Associate

In the video workshop, it changes the led blinking frequency after the ble connection with mobile app. But I am still confused with how to send the data to PC. For example, if I want to send "Hello word" to my computer, where should I put this code and how can I receive this on PC? I saw the software cube monitor RF, can I use this software to receive the message I send? Or should I download other terminal to receive the data?

2 REPLIES 2
Remi QUINTIN
ST Employee

To be able to communicate with your PC via a BLE connection, You need to have a BLE application dedicated (using services) to the device you want to connect to.

Some mobiles vendors provide such application to connect to their mobile phones for example.

We (ST) do not provide such application to directly communicate with a PC. We offer such application for Android mobile phone, and you are already using it.

You can develop your own application for PC but it is a significant task!!

Or you can check whether your PC already supports one of the SIG standardized profiles that the WB microcontroller also supports: Heart rate, Health thermometer, Proximity, Blood pressure, Beacon and HID. For all these services, the data to exchange is already defined and can't be changed.

There is only one configuration that would allow you to connect to a WB55 Nucleo board. it is via a WB dongle connected to one of the USB ports. But in this case, the BLE connection is between the dongle and the Nucleo, not exactly directly with your PC.

Hi Remi,

Thank you for answering my question! And sorry for the late response. I still have some questions.

For the last case, you mentioned using a WB dongle, I am wondering can I send the data to dongle and read them in PC?​

And what is the purpose of Cube monitor RF? Can I read the data from this RF and pull the data out to PC?

Also, is there any BLE application you recommend that can be used to receive data set directly on PC?

Thank you so much!