cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello, I was searching for the range ( in meters or Kilometers) of the STM32WLE5xx/ STM32WLE4xx ?? I couldn't find the information in the datasheet. Thanks for your help.

AYous.3
Associate II

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

OK, now at least some parameters are given so that you can achieve ranges between 10...20km, when used with an appropriate antenna. Depending on the environmental conditions, other ranges are also possible. Also, you must not forget that the data rate plays a major role: for the 10...20km mentioned with LoRa, that is about 200bit/s.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Welcome, @AYous.3​, to the community!

Of course, you cannot find any information on this in the data sheet. Even if the range is specified for a finished module, i.e. a complete radio system including antenna, this always applies under certain conditions. The range of a radio system and thus also of a system based on STM32WLE depends on many factors:

• transmitting power, input sensitivity (both together called link budget),
  • antenna gain (determined by the antenna geometry, among other things),
  • modulation method,
  • attenuation of the objects lying between transmitter and receiver (walls, trees, mountains,...),
  • etc.

Does it answer your question?

It might be helpful to know what you actually want to achieve so that someone can help you.

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

@Peter BENSCH​ Thanks for your help,

I'm not looking for a specified information because I know that It depends on many parameters. But I wanted to know approximately the range of this transceiver, in an open area for example with a 14 dBm as an output power using LoRa.

Depends on a lot of factors​.

15 km LoS should be demonstrable, perhaps 30 km LoS with effort and suitable conditions/terrain. Vertically perhaps to the edge of space.​

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

@Community member​  Thanks a lot

OK, now at least some parameters are given so that you can achieve ranges between 10...20km, when used with an appropriate antenna. Depending on the environmental conditions, other ranges are also possible. Also, you must not forget that the data rate plays a major role: for the 10...20km mentioned with LoRa, that is about 200bit/s.

@Peter BENSCH​ Great ... Thanks a lot.

Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

It looks like your question has been answered?

If the problem is resolved, please mark this topic as answered by selecting Select as best under your preferred answer(s). This will help other users find that answer faster.

Good luck!

/Peter