cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having issues in RAK3172 changing frequency from EU868 to IN865

SS.28
Associate II

Hi,

Once I flash the base firmware(STM32cube_FW_WL_V1.0.0) in the RAK3172 module, I view the serial print. It displays Europe frequency… then I open the firmware(STM32cube_FW_WL_V1.0.0) and check the file named lora_info.c… in the file Europe and US regions have been enabled.

Therefore, I will command Europe and the US region, then I will un-command the Indian region in lorawan_conf.h.

Then I run and flash it in the RAK3172 module.

Nonetheless, I am faced with this error.

ERROR: Region is not defined in the MW: set lorawan_conf.h accordingly.

If I need to add any configurations or parameters to lorawan_conf.h?

Please guide me on how to resolve this problem. I attached the screenshots below

Thank You0693W00000SuISvQAN.jpg0693W00000SuISqQAN.jpg0693W00000SuISbQAN.jpg0693W00000SuISMQA3.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

It's not looking like it is related to the configuration directly

Looks to be complaining at run time that the default region mask is zero, you should review the generated code to understand why this ended up this way.

>>I am following the same procedure like Europe configuration.

When debugging and diagnosing issues, one has to move beyond scripts and step-by-steps and actually get into the code and understand the flow and what's happening within the machine.

Start using the debugger, and look more deeply.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Perhaps your project needs to contain addition files that do the "implementation" portion of the problem

Perhaps grep the source and find how the US and EU models are constructed, and if that suggests use of specific other files in the overall built to support REGION_IN865

https://www.intuicom.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/4G_RTK_Bridge-X_Datasheet-RS_Feb2020.pdf

https://stackforce.github.io/LoRaMac-doc/LoRaMac-doc-v4.4.7/_region_i_n865_8h.html

SS.28
Associate II

Hi, @Tesla DeLorean

I am following the same procedure like Europe configuration.

There's something I'm missing in the configuration and I don't know what it is. I've attached the configuration screenshots and RAK3172 module base code link. I hope you can help me resolve this problem.

https://docs.rakwireless.com/Product-Categories/WisDuo/RAK3172-Module/Low-Level-Development/#guide-on-using-stm32wl-sdk-using-stm32cubeide0693W00000SuNW9QAN.png0693W00000SuNW4QAN.png0693W00000SuNVfQAN.png0693W00000SuNVaQAN.png0693W00000SuNVVQA3.png

It's not looking like it is related to the configuration directly

Looks to be complaining at run time that the default region mask is zero, you should review the generated code to understand why this ended up this way.

>>I am following the same procedure like Europe configuration.

When debugging and diagnosing issues, one has to move beyond scripts and step-by-steps and actually get into the code and understand the flow and what's happening within the machine.

Start using the debugger, and look more deeply.

SS.28
Associate II

@ Tesla DeLorean

Thank you for your guidance. I will resolve this problem