cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Full example/tutorial for I-CUBE-LRWAN v2.1.0 and The Things Stack (TTN v3) ?

Andrew Neil
Evangelist III

I see there is now a video series on connecting the STM32WL to The Things Stack (TTN v3):

But this is specific to the WL, using the STM32CubeWL Pack.

Is it the same for the latest I-CUBE-LRWAN v2.1.0 ?

Specifically, on a B-L072Z-LRWAN1.

In particular, the video uses the WL's hardware ID register - so how would this be handled on the B-L072Z-LRWAN1 ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Andrew Neil
Evangelist III

"But this is specific to the WL, using the STM32CubeWL Pack"

Also specific to TTN in North America.

That is to say, I tried it here in Europe, and the TTN Console operations are very different to those shown on the video - it's basically all the same bits of information, but very differently arranged on the screens.

TBF, I don't know if that's entirely an EU vs USA difference, or if the video is just out-of-date already and TTN have updated their screens & process.

We could certainly do with an EU version of the videos.

To answer my own questions:

"Is it the same for the latest I-CUBE-LRWAN v2.1.0 ?"

Yes, it does seem to be.

"the video uses the WL's hardware ID register - so how would this be handled on the B-L072Z-LRWAN1 ?"

It uses the STM32's MCU ID.

(Alternatively, I think TTN can generate a DevEUI?)

Conclusion:

Yes, following these videos (in particular, the 3rd one) will get you up and running with the End Node project on a  B-L072Z-LRWAN1 talking to The Things Stack (TTN v3).

😁

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Andrew Neil
Evangelist III

"But this is specific to the WL, using the STM32CubeWL Pack"

Also specific to TTN in North America.

That is to say, I tried it here in Europe, and the TTN Console operations are very different to those shown on the video - it's basically all the same bits of information, but very differently arranged on the screens.

TBF, I don't know if that's entirely an EU vs USA difference, or if the video is just out-of-date already and TTN have updated their screens & process.

We could certainly do with an EU version of the videos.

To answer my own questions:

"Is it the same for the latest I-CUBE-LRWAN v2.1.0 ?"

Yes, it does seem to be.

"the video uses the WL's hardware ID register - so how would this be handled on the B-L072Z-LRWAN1 ?"

It uses the STM32's MCU ID.

(Alternatively, I think TTN can generate a DevEUI?)

Conclusion:

Yes, following these videos (in particular, the 3rd one) will get you up and running with the End Node project on a  B-L072Z-LRWAN1 talking to The Things Stack (TTN v3).

😁