cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

do I need an5165 to make stm32wb10cc work with bluetooth?

hate goberns
Associate II

Hi, I just found this in the guide (image)

_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000bhjW1QAI.png

8 REPLIES 8
Chris21
Senior

If I was designing a board, I would closely follow the reference board schematics in an5165, as well as the guidance on crystals and layout in that document.

https://www.st.com/resource/en/application_note/an5165-how-to-develop-rf-hardware-using-stm32wb-microcontrollers-stmicroelectronics.pdf

hate goberns
Associate II

thanks, this is all a headache. first pbc and finding lots of problems. one of them is that the costs of shipping are 2000% the price of the component (europe doesnt have semiconductor industries???). second, is that I find difficult to read the guidance .... so ... now I need all of the photo, plus ... more from the other guidance? how can't I mess this up???!!!!

hate goberns
Associate II

& in the guide you've showed ... wich one do I have to use? I only need the bluetooth for the stm32w10cc

Chris21
Senior

Presumably, you would prefer the UFQFPN48 package and follow the associated reference board schematic and layout recommendations.

hate goberns
Associate II

cant find that packege .... is there any where I can find it done ... is it better to choose than the am5165 ... I don't understand why I need the ufqfpn48. could you please explain?

hate goberns
Associate II

also, in the ufqfpn48, the chip is the stm32wb10cc or another?

hate goberns
Associate II

0k, so I need to do my pbc with the pbc of the ufqfpn48. is this correct?

hate goberns
Associate II

is there any simple way to pass the layout to my kicad?