cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bluetooth under windows 11 issue

MK..1
Associate III

Hi

this is not a specific Stm32WB question, but still relevant for any BLE development.

I am working on a STM32WB design. I wanted to see what happens when I have different Bluetooth chips on the host side. SO I bought a TP-LINK bluetooth USB dongle. As soon as I attached this USB dongle to my laptop, no usb isn working on my laptop anymore.

So now bluetooth is not working on my laptop anymore. I cant connect to my old Bluetooth loudspeaker and and and. My ble mouse is still working.

what I did so far for recovery:

• restart laptop
  • remove alle the paired devices
  • uninstall the device driver in device manager and restart
  • try a different USB Bluetooth dongle.

Any further ideas?

2 REPLIES 2
Pavel A.
Evangelist III

Remove the laptop battery, wait 10 minutes and try again.

Is your laptop still under warranty? If it has a CD/DVD drive, try to boot a Linux live CD and check the ports in Linux.

Sonntag
Associate II

Thread is a little older but maybe it helps others.

It is tricky to add/remove devices connected to bluetooth-adapters which are currently unplugged e.g. if you switch from internal Bluetooth module (most often Intel I guess) to a USB dongle.

Go to device manager and enable "Show hidden devices". You should now be able to see Bluetooth devices connected to a bluetooth module currently not in use and remove/uninstall them to reconnect them afterwards. Maybe it helps to reconnect to Bluetooth devices used before.

Greetings