cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BLE OTA on STM32WB55 does not work when I am using my own application

MT.2
Associate II

Hi there,

I have tried BLE_HeartRate_ota and it works. Yet, when I integrate OTA to my own applicaiton (by uploading BLE_Ota_reference.hex to 0x08000000 first)and try to update the firmware via ST BLE sensor app, the STM_OTA service cannot be connected and the app shows that node cannot be found. Only my application is advertising. My application starts at 08007000 and I have updated the linker file(you can find it in the attachment). "BLE_CFG_OTA_REBOOT_CHAR"  is set to 1 (from ble.config.h) and "SCB->VTOR = VECT_TAB_OFFSET" is removed (from system_stm32wbxx.c). The magic word can be found in app_ble.c(see below). I am using STM32cubeIDE and STM32Cube_FW_WB_V1.0.0. I have no idea what to do so that my OTA application can work.

Thank you for any suggestion!

Cheers,

Mo

0693W00000GYKQBQA5.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Imen DAHMEN​ ,

The following is missed that's why the reboot request(in app.c) is not handled and OTA service cannot be triggered.

Besides, may I also ask why I sometimes need to go back to the device list (ST BLE Sensor app) in order to connect to OTA service after pressing firmware update in my application? If I use the sample code like BLE_HeartRate_ota, after pressing firmware update, it connects to OTA service by itself. Appreciate any suggestion!

Cheers,

Mo

0693W00000GZA5FQAX.png

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
MT.2
Associate II

Hi there!

My problem has been solved!!!

Cheers,

Mo

Imen.D
ST Employee

Hi @MT.2​ ,

Good to hear you made your project work.

Please share your solution with the community here, so that more members can benefit from this post.

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen

Hi @Imen DAHMEN​ ,

The following is missed that's why the reboot request(in app.c) is not handled and OTA service cannot be triggered.

Besides, may I also ask why I sometimes need to go back to the device list (ST BLE Sensor app) in order to connect to OTA service after pressing firmware update in my application? If I use the sample code like BLE_HeartRate_ota, after pressing firmware update, it connects to OTA service by itself. Appreciate any suggestion!

Cheers,

Mo

0693W00000GZA5FQAX.png

Hi MT.2​,

Could you please share the solution. I am having the same issue.

Thanks,

Don​