cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BLE Data Transfer between TWO STM32WB

Rituraj
Associate III

I want to configure a stm32wb as BLE central and other as BLE peripheral such that they can exchange data. The combination of all this data also needs to be sent to a mobile phone. Can anyone suggest me a MOOC or may be a document that can  be used as a manual to perform this task.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Sorry for the confusion i have. You need to use a node with the Router example STM32CubeWB/Projects/P-NUCLEO-WB55.Nucleo/Applications/BLE/BLE_p2pRouteur at master · STMicroelectronics/STM32CubeWB (github.com) and other node(s) with the server example STM32CubeWB/Projects/P-NUCLEO-WB55.Nucleo/Applications/BLE/BLE_p2pServer at master · STMicroelectronics/STM32CubeWB (github.com) than you can connect your Smartphone to the Router and exchange data as mentioned on the Router readme file.

PS: Both examples are tested with our Nucleo Board. They should run on the STM32WB DK board but may need some adaptation. 

Best Regards.

STTwo-32

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
Andrew Neil
Evangelist III

Your title says said "Pairing", but your post just talks about exchanging data - which one are you actually asking about?

(BLE can exchange data without pairing)

Title now edited.

Sorry if I used a wrong term.  Basically, I want to connect two stm32wb  to each other via BLE  so data from sensors can be sent from one of these to other and the later can also transfer the data to a mobile phone via BLE.

STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @Rituraj 

For Such an application, You can use the examples of the STM32CubeWB/Projects at master · STMicroelectronics/STM32CubeWB (github.com) For implementing a central, server or peripheral node. You can also refer to the Wiki pages mentioned on this post. Also, you can find a lot of playlists on our Chanel in YouTube.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

I have already used one of the examples i.e. BLE_Mesh_Model_Sensor and it works well. I want to connect this mesh to my phone so I can read this data via my phone.  I accessed the mesh using st ble toolbox but it has just 1 single service (Mesh Proxy Service) . If there is a way that could be used kindly let me know.

I suggest you to use the P2P server example gor such a perpose. 

Best Regards.

STTwo-32 

As far as I was able to understand the p2p Server can be used to send data from a mcu to a android or IOS device . 
I want to get data from once mcu  to other via BLE and then transfer data from later mcu  to android phone. 

You can connect a node with the P2P Client application to another one with the P2P Server app. If you want to use the BLE MESH application, I suggest you follow the recommendations of the AN52920.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32

is there an application p2p client . Kindly share it with me or tell me using what repository i can get this

It is available on the STM32CubeWB repository that I've shared with you on the first comment. 

Best Regards.

STTwo-32