cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audio stream with BLE

Jt1002
Associate

For a project im working on i need to be able to  record sound with a battery powered microcontroller and send it to an RPi. I saw that the STM32WB was capable of this but can anyone tell me if i will be able to receive and process the audio file on the RPi since it only has BLE 5.0 and not 5.4 like the microcontroller.

thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @Jt1002 

BLE is designed to be backward compatible, so a device with BLE 5.0 should be able to communicate with a device that supports newer versions. For the processing on the Receive board, I can't confirm anything since is not our product. I suggest you ask the owner of the receive node about that.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @Jt1002 

BLE is designed to be backward compatible, so a device with BLE 5.0 should be able to communicate with a device that supports newer versions. For the processing on the Receive board, I can't confirm anything since is not our product. I suggest you ask the owner of the receive node about that.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.