cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

aci_gap_create_connection() never returns on STM32WB5MM

PCu1
Senior

Hello,

I'm using the client/server example with two Nucleo-WB55 kit, it works without issue.

Now I'm working with my own board:

Client : STM32WB5MM module

Server: the same nucleo-WB55 as above

At starting, the client scans and detects the server(with the right BLE address). But during the Connect_Request(), the client never returns from aci_gap_create_connection().

I did a clean configuration from cubeMX and I get exactly the same problem, and I have tried with two differents boards.

I have no idea why there is no return (success or not)... 

My BLE stack is 1.18.0

Thank you,

Pierre

5 REPLIES 5
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @PCu1 

I suggest you take a look at the following post, it may be helpful. Else, can you share more details about the issue.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hi @STTwo-32,

Thank you for your answer.

Unfortunately, I don't call ACI_GAP_START_CONNECTION_UPDATE as mentioned in the post you gave.

My initial firmware works in the router mode, but now I'm working on a clean configuration generated by CubeMX in CLIENT mode.

The only code I added is these lines at the end of APP_BLE_Init() to start the scan immediately (instead of a tactil switch with the Nucleo kit)

/* USER CODE BEGIN APP_BLE_Init_2 */
  UTIL_SEQ_SetTask(1 << CFG_TASK_START_SCAN_ID, CFG_SCH_PRIO_0);
  /* USER CODE END APP_BLE_Init_2 */

After that, the scan detects the server and at the end of the procedure (case ACI_GAP_PROC_COMPLETE_VSEVT_CODE), the UTIL_SEQ_SetTask(1 << CFG_TASK_CONN_DEV_1_ID, CFG_SCH_PRIO_0) task is called.

When the code enters aci_gap_create_connection() it goes in the subfunction hci_send_req() and blocks in hci_cmd_resp_wait(HCI_TL_DEFAULT_TIMEOUT);

The sequencer is still running but the never returns from aci_gap_create_connection().

Note: I removed the stack and flashed again to be sure.

On the server side, I can connect with another nucleo-WB55 or a smartphone so in my opinion the code is correct in that side.

kr,

Pierre

I think my problem is with enabling CFG_LPM_SUPPORTED.

It doesn't seem to be supported by the client or router board, but I couldn't find any information about it.

Maybe someone can confirm or not?

Pierre

Hello again and sorry for my late feedback.

Could you please check this post. It may help you.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Thank you for your answer.

Yes I had checked a while ago.

At this point it works with CFG_LPM_SUPPORTED disabled.

But I will enable it again to confirm the origin of this issue.

Kr