cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Developing Firmware for RAK3172 using AT_Slave

Nikhil D&K
Senior

Hello Developers,

In our product, we currently have a RAK3172 module interfaced with STM32L4 controller. I am able to use both LoRa P2P and LoRaWAN communication using the AT command sent to the RAK chipset from host, through UART interface. Now i would also like to add sigfox functionality in my application.

But by default RAK3172 chipset doesn't support Sigfox. So for adding sigfox functionality, i have to port the stm32wl AT Slave example for RAK3172 and add the AT commands for LoRa communication firstly, as AT Slave doesn't provide AT cmd for LoRa communication. 

So currently i am stuck, thinking where my AT cmds for P2P/LoRaWAN recieved by RAK module (STM32WLE) will be stored such that RAK perform the desired AT cmd task. Is there any register where it's written ? 

I would like to have better understanding of how i can add command like that of RAK in AT Slave example and the module executes it properly. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @Nikhil D&K 

For such a request specific for the RAK3172 module, I suggest you contact the third party who designed this module.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @Nikhil D&K 

For such a request specific for the RAK3172 module, I suggest you contact the third party who designed this module.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hello @STTwo-32 , 

In my custom development board we have used STM32WLE5CCU6 for LoRa P2P and LoRaWAN communication. We have used .hex and .bin file provided by RAK becuase their RAK modules were also using the same chipset (i.e STM32WLE5CCU6). Everything is working fine here both LoRa P2P and LoRaWAN functionalities.

Now we want to also add Sigfox functionality in the same chipset. As the default .bin file provided by RAK doesn't support Sigfox functionality, i have to create new project for STM32WLE5CCU6 using repo STM32Cube_FW_WL_V1.3.0.

I am looking to intergate  all this 3 AT slave examples i.e SubGHz AT Slave, LoRaWAN AT Slave and Sigfox AT Slave. But issue is when i run the NUCLEO-WL55JC directly on STM32WLE5CCU6 it's not working.  

We tried to perform steps given in this link as reference but with no success.

https://docs.rakwireless.com/Product-Categories/WisDuo/RAK3172-Module/Low-Level-Development/?ref=news.rakwireless.com#overview 

So can you first please tell me how can i port the NUCLEO-WL55JC examples such SubGHz AT Slave example for STM32WLE5CCU6.