cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why STM32F1 series not supported by TougchGFX?

VIvan.5
Associate II

I have a custom board with TFT connected by FSMC 16bit to the STM32F103VET6. When a new project created in CubeMX 6.7 and I try to add new software component (TougchGFX v4.21) - it told me the STM32F103VET6 does not supported. Is there a way to avoid this limitation?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hello @Community member​ and welcome to the Community 🙂,

STM32F1 family is not supported by the TouchGFX library.

Have a look at this post to have clear answer from TouchGFX team.

When your question is answered, please close this topic by choosing Select as Best. This will help other users find that answer faster.

Kaouthar

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hello @Community member​ and welcome to the Community 🙂,

STM32F1 family is not supported by the TouchGFX library.

Have a look at this post to have clear answer from TouchGFX team.

When your question is answered, please close this topic by choosing Select as Best. This will help other users find that answer faster.

Kaouthar

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

VIvan.5
Associate II

Thanks for the answer. I'm very sad! F1 not supported, F2 not supported... Why its so dramatical? The customers have a lot of custom PCBs with modernTFTs and cannot start to use them. Most of the user task is: poore chip and need a simple GUI. The LVGL library working best with all type of STM32. But problem with 'STM32 LVGL Designer' still not born yet.

Because they are VERY OLD parts (12-15 years), with relatively limited resources, and poor performance.

Most people have moved on, and the resources have followed them. If you want to invest time/resources in making them work, I'm sure it's possible to some degree, but most don't have the available RAM or FLASH resources to handle extensive images and graphics.

Use something like STemWin

>>But problem with 'STM32 LVGL Designer' still not born yet.

These things don't occur via magic, people have to invest time and money to make them happen. Not much money in free software in my experience.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
VIvan.5
Associate II

Use something like STemWin

This lib not support NT35510, which is in my TFT, not updated. I spend a lot of time to adjust this, you can find here a posts about. It could be a good idea to support LVGL for STM32 like in NXP GUI Guider implemented.