cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warning:"No internet connection" when starting TouchGFX-Designer. Although the other STM applications (Prg, MX etc) are working fine and get their updates via internet without any problem. The TouchGFXdesigner starts only without internet connection.

GWowe.1
Associate II

The corresponding Log-File reads:

2022-03-02 15:50:45,305 [11]

ERROR Utils.WebHandling.WebHandler: The SSL connection could not be established, see inner exception.

System.Net.WebException: The SSL connection could not be established, see inner exception.

---> System.Net.Http.HttpRequestException: The SSL connection could not be established, see inner exception.

---> System.Security.Authentication.AuthenticationException: Authentication failed because the remote party sent a TLS alert: 'HandshakeFailure'.

---> System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80090326): Das Format der empfangenen Nachricht war unerwartet oder fehlerhaft.

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

4 REPLIES 4
Yoann KLEIN
ST Employee

Hello @GWowe.1​ ,

Which version of Windows are you using ? Because Windows 7 & 8 are not supported anymore on the latest versions of TouchGFXDesigner. This is usually the main cause of those "internet connection" issues.

If you are using Windows 10, please close TouchGFXDesigner, open a browser and ensure that you got access to internet, and then re-open TouchGFXDesigner.

Let me know how it's going,

/Yoann

Yoann KLEIN
ST Software Developer | TouchGFX
GWowe.1
Associate II

Hello Yoann,

Thank you very much for the immediate reply.

I use Windows version 8.1. Which version of TouchGFX should I use ?

Gerhard Woweries

Yoann KLEIN
ST Employee

Hi,

I think that the latest version of TGFX that supports Windows 8.1 must be 4.16.1.

Can you please try with this version and let me know if you got another issue ?

Thanks,

/Yoann

Yoann KLEIN
ST Software Developer | TouchGFX

👍