cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using LTDC's L8 Mode with TouchGFX

Jack li1
Associate III

Hi,

I'm using the STM32F429 Discovery Kit and i want to run the LTDC in 8 BPP (L8) mode in TouchGFX.I find that i can use DMA2D to transform into RGB565,but how can i use L8 format in TouchGFX.and i can't set DMA2D in TouchGFX.so how can i do it ??Thank you.

Best Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

Hi Jack,

8-bit and L8 are not necessarily the same. Either way, 8-bit is not yet supported in TouchGFX. Actually, it is, but we cannot release it yet - So, the next version will be 4.12 which will be released as soon as we can align the version with CubeMX.

On your own you would not be able to make it work either because you need to rewrite the LCD class that understands how to write to 8-bit framebuffers, and LCD classes is closed source.

We will keep you updated!

/Martin

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

Hi Jack,

8-bit and L8 are not necessarily the same. Either way, 8-bit is not yet supported in TouchGFX. Actually, it is, but we cannot release it yet - So, the next version will be 4.12 which will be released as soon as we can align the version with CubeMX.

On your own you would not be able to make it work either because you need to rewrite the LCD class that understands how to write to 8-bit framebuffers, and LCD classes is closed source.

We will keep you updated!

/Martin

Jack li1
Associate III

Hi,Martin

Thanks,for your help.

Best Regards

Jack

Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

You're welcome!

I'm interested to know if TouchGFX now supports 8-bit L8 mode with CLUT on H7 MCUs?