cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using FatFS with JPEG Codec and show on LCD Panel

Charlie CHEN
Associate II

Hi,

I`m trying to read the SDCard using FatFS and Decode the JPEG file then show on LCD, but I face some problem on it.

I reference the JPEG_DecodingUsingFs_DMA in STM32Cube_FW_H7_V1.5.0, and the detail code down below.

uint32_t JPEG_Decode_DMA(JPEG_HandleTypeDef *hjpeg, FIL *file, uint32_t DestAddress)
{
  uint32_t i;

pFile = file;
  FrameBufferAddress = DestAddress;

/* Read from JPG file and fill input buffers */
  for(i = 0; i < NB_INPUT_DATA_BUFFERS; i++)
  {
    if(f_read (pFile, Jpeg_IN_BufferTab[i].DataBuffer , CHUNK_SIZE_IN, (UINT*)(&Jpeg_IN_BufferTab[i].DataBufferSize)) == FR_OK)
    {
      Jpeg_IN_BufferTab[i].State = JPEG_BUFFER_FULL;
    }
    else
    {
      Error_Handler();
    }        
  } 

/* Start JPEG decoding with DMA method */

HAL_JPEG_Decode_DMA(hjpeg ,Jpeg_IN_BufferTab[0].DataBuffer ,Jpeg_IN_BufferTab[0].DataBufferSize ,(uint8_t *)FrameBufferAddress ,CHUNK_SIZE_OUT);

return 0;
}

But it can`t show all pixels on the screen only a part of them,like limited by some parameters.

This is a official code from CubeMX.

Is there anyone can help to solve or similar experience can share?

Thank you!

0690X00000BvTFSQA3.jpg

2 REPLIES 2

Make sure the file data content reads correctly, and matches integrity checks from PC. ie CRC file/content, confirm it reads properly and consistently.

Try with multiple examples.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Hi @Community member​ ,

Thanks for your reply!

I have checked the data that read from FatFS with debug simulation, and it all correct.

But I can`t promise the output data in SDRAM and on Screen like the picture bottom pixel was not right.

Is there any method can check the problem?