cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TouchGFX stuck after flash operations

sute
Associate III

Hi, we are developing a software using TouchGFX. Everything seems to work fine until I need to erase a section of the flash. After that, the TouchGFX process seems to stop working and the display is not updated anymore. This is hard to debug since there are no sources available for the TouchGFX library but "TouchGFXHAL::flushFrameBuffer" is not being called anymore. I found someone else having flash issues with TouchGFX too: https://community.st.com/s/question/0D53W000003ws65SAA/problems-using-internal-flash

I would like to ask, is TouchGFX doing something with the flash under the hood that may be affected with flash operations?

2 REPLIES 2
Yoann KLEIN
ST Employee

Hello @MS.12utela​ ,

I need a little bit more information for helping you.

Which version of TouchGFX and which board are you using ?

What is your application doing ?

Are you erasing flash sections on runtime ? If yes, why ?

Thank you,

/Yoann

Yoann KLEIN
ST Software Developer | TouchGFX

Hi @Yoann KLEIN​, thanks for responding!

Which version of TouchGFX and which board are you using ?

TouchGFX 4.18.0 and we have a custom board with STM32H7B3LI MCU

What is your application doing ?

Writing a software update to bank 2 of the MCU flash which is installed using X-CUBE-SBSFU after rebooting the device. I am trying to get a "software update" screen to the display while update is ongoing and after that a "update ok" screen.

Are you erasing flash sections on runtime ? If yes, why ?

Yes, the SBSFU download slot in the flash is erased before downloding the firmware update package. It seems that immediately after the erase operation, TouchGFX stops working.