cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TouchGFX not generating the screen transition code in STM32CubeIDE

Ofaro.1
Associate II

Hi,

I'm having difficulty in creating multiple screens, currently, it already has 5+ screens and they all works fine through code (void FrontendApplicationBase::gotoMainScreenNoTransition() ) but when I tries to add one more screen, TouchGFX is not generating the Screen Transition Declarations code for new screen but it does declaring this in FrontendApplicationBase.cpp class :

#include <gui/aldetruma_screen/NewScreenView.hpp>

#include <gui/aldetruma_screen/NewScreenPresenter.hpp>

while for all other screens it has generated the following:

void FrontendApplicationBase::gotoMainScreenNoTransition()

{

transitionCallback = touchgfx::Callback<FrontendApplicationBase>(this, &FrontendApplication::gotoMainScreenNoTransitionImpl);

pendingScreenTransitionCallback = &transitionCallback;

}

Any thoughts will be very helpful.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Romain DIELEMAN
ST Employee

Hi,

That is interesting. What version of TouchGFX are you using ?

The includes for each screen are always there no matter the amout of screens, so even if less than 5.

When I have more than 5 screens (10 in my test) I do have the goTo<NameOfScreen>NoTransition() function generated. Just to be sure could you check your interactions in TouchGFX Designer to make sure you have added the screen transition actions to your project for the missing screens ?

Does this cause you compilation errors or issues with the transitions ?

/Romain

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Romain DIELEMAN
ST Employee

Hi,

That is interesting. What version of TouchGFX are you using ?

The includes for each screen are always there no matter the amout of screens, so even if less than 5.

When I have more than 5 screens (10 in my test) I do have the goTo<NameOfScreen>NoTransition() function generated. Just to be sure could you check your interactions in TouchGFX Designer to make sure you have added the screen transition actions to your project for the missing screens ?

Does this cause you compilation errors or issues with the transitions ?

/Romain

0693W00000FCKUFQA5.jpgHi Romain,

I'm using TouchGFX 4.15.0 version with STM32CubeIDE 1.5.0

Even If I add screen transition, it still not generating the goTo<NameOfScreen>NoTransition() function.

And it's not causing any compilation error. I have also added the screenshot of the only declarations being added by touchgfx in FrontendApplicationBase.cpp class.0693W00000FCKbLQAX.jpg 

I think I have found the issue, I was using navigation screen for all of my screens and completely forgot it to add the interaction. It was really frustrating. But thanks for your valued input.

Really appreciate that

No worries, good to hear you found your issue 👍

/Romain

Bfdgr.1
Associate

I think I even have discovered the problem, I turned into the use of navigation screen for all of my displays and completely forgot it to add the link interplay . It turned into absolutely frustrating. But thank you to your valued enter.

Hi Ofaro.1,

If your question is answered, please close this topic by choosing Select as Best.

/Alexandre