cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TouchGFX integration with External Project

koderboi22
Associate III

Hi there, I'm coming across some issues with respect to Touch GFX and my project. I'm trying to build a UI on the Touch GFX Designer software such that it can display certain temperature readings onto the Riverdi STM32H7 embedded display. I'm trying to use SPI2 communication line from the on-display board MCU to the temperature sensor module and hardware seems to be fine. For the CS Pin I'm using the GPIOA Pin 5 which is used for DAC1 (I've commented out it's initialisation and used it as a Output pin).

I was able to successfully build the Touch GFX project and was able to access the 'gui' folder generated by the designer as you can see below:

FilesFiles

Next, I added the files pertaining to the MAX31856 temperature sensor that I'm using and please note that these files are in C and not C++. I also made sure that they were included in the project correctly however I'm not certain. Below are the include paths, the sensor files and the sensor file position in the project explorer:

A) GCC Compiler -> Include paths:

Screenshot 2024-02-23 135448.png

B) G++ Compiler -> Include paths:

Screenshot 2024-02-23 135601.png

C) MAX31856.c and .h files:

MAX31856.c file: 

Screenshot 2024-02-23 142905.png

Screenshot 2024-02-23 142918.png

MAX31856.h file: 

Screenshot 2024-02-23 143106.png

Screenshot 2024-02-23 143115.png

D) Project Explorer View:

Screenshot 2024-02-23 141129.png

Below is the Screen1View.cpp file that was generated by the Designer and I've tried to call one of the functions into it but it gives me an error message:

koderboi22_0-1708697949789.png

Error message:

C:/Tempcounter/CM7/TouchGFX/gui/src/screen1_screen/Screen1View.cpp:27: undefined reference to `MAX31865_readTemp()'

collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status

It would be great if anyone could help with this issue!

11 REPLIES 11

Hi @Mohammad MORADI ESFAHANIASL , unfortunately we were unable to make any progress and have decided to use LVGL as it is allowing us to integrate our files as per our requirement and is working just fine. However, I have also raised a request for this issue on the ols platform and shared my project files with the team there, hopefully there should be some progress. I will update it here once the issue has been resolved.

Okay, sorry to hear that you had difficulties making progress. We try better to improve and ease the process of integrating custom files with the TouchGFX project.  

Mohammad MORADI
ST Software Developer | TouchGFX