cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TouchGFX generator, no active the touch

RMasi.19
Associate II

I can configurate the touchGFX configurator with the stm32f746, i can open the .part and designer some figures and bottoms, these yes appears in the LCD, i use the hardware stm32f746 discoveryboard. 

But i no can active the function of the touch, have activate the I2C3 with 100khz, standard mode, as examples use the GFX Designer, but i no find put the FT5336  driver, or how i can configurete o call a these file autmatically ? i no understad how active the touch controller,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Osman SOYKURT
ST Employee

Hello @RMasi.19 ,

Did you include the path of your ft5336 driver?

OsmanSOYKURT_1-1697011974807.png

Osman SOYKURT
ST Software Developer | TouchGFX

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Osman SOYKURT
ST Employee

Hello @RMasi.19 ,

If you use an STM32F746G-Discovery board, we already provide a TBS that you can use without changing the driver or anything to enable touch screen.

OsmanSOYKURT_1-1696930998079.png

Have you tried it?

Osman SOYKURT

Hi, yes i have probed the stm32F746 discovery kit, but i want practice with touchGFX generator and take the discoveryboard as if it were my design, i can generate images but the touch no work

I create the folder Components and have atached the files ft5336.c and ft5336.h, these two files i copied of project discoveryboard, but follow show error of no recognize the ft5336.h, as can you see in the image, what lack me ? please

touch3.png

Osman SOYKURT
ST Employee

Hello @RMasi.19 ,

Did you include the path of your ft5336 driver?

OsmanSOYKURT_1-1697011974807.png

Osman SOYKURT

Thank you, i can now activate the touch with touchgfx generator, 

i now have two function in Screen1View.cpp, one for a button and other for aa toggle button:

void Screen1View::myPulsador1()

{

if( Pulsador1.getPressedState() ) HAL_GPIO_WritePin(GPIOI, GPIO_PIN_1, GPIO_PIN_SET);

else HAL_GPIO_WritePin(GPIOI, GPIO_PIN_1, GPIO_PIN_RESET);

//HAL_GPIO_TogglePin(GPIOI, GPIO_PIN_1);

}

void Screen1View::myToggleLed2()

{

if(toggleButton1.getState()) HAL_GPIO_WritePin(GPIOI, GPIO_PIN_1, GPIO_PIN_SET);

else HAL_GPIO_WritePin(GPIOI, GPIO_PIN_1, GPIO_PIN_RESET);

}

the function for toggle button work and PI1 is on/off, but function of button no activa the PI1, i know what enter here because when write the function togglePin yes active PI1 on/off. Maybe Pulsador1.getPressedState() no is the correct question, i think what it is the state of the button, some suggestion ?

Hello @RMasi.19 ,

I don't understand why you need a condition for your button. You just need to declare an interaction with as trigger : "Button is Clicked". Like this :

OsmanSOYKURT_0-1697545287427.png

Then you can code that function in your Screen1View.cpp

void Screen1View::myButtonIsClicked()
{
    HAL_GPIO_WritePin(GPIOI, GPIO_PIN_1, GPIO_PIN_SET);
}

I think it's simpler like that. Could you try that and tell us?

Osman SOYKURT
RMasi.19
Associate II

ok, thanks, can i now drive the touchGFX generator, configurate the sram external and nor_flash external, but these take two months, driven a discovery_board with touchgfx designer is more simple, but configure a custom board the learning is hard.

Osman SOYKURT
ST Employee

Hello @RMasi.19 ,

Thank you for your feedback. We try to be better with our documentation so we'd like to know which part was difficult for you? 

Osman SOYKURT

i believe consider a discoveryF746 as a custom board, with external ram mt48lc, eternal flash n25q128a, touch controller ft5336, ,make a video where configure these from the touchgfx generator, creating a project without the discovery setup or BSP functions.