cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Touchgfx display is not displaying anything

ITena.1
Associate II

Hello,

I am working on a project with stm32f769i-eval and touch gfx designer(4.13.0) .

I select my board as application template then I try both using a blank template or any of the examples that are provided.

After generating the code, I try to run the project on my target and even though it doesn't fail my screen is not displaying anything. (If I run on the simulator it works perfectly).

What should I do?

Thx,

Irene

25 REPLIES 25
ITena.1
Associate II

Yes, the jumper is set at the right position.

When AT is flashed only blue LED is permanently ON.

Board REV is MB1219 - Rev.B, and the display one is MB1166 -Rev.A.

Thanks,

Irene

This is a very weird issue, especially since you have met it on multiple boards. Can you confirm again that you are creating a project from Designer with the right application template with any UI template (or just a box/button) and just pressing "run on target" from Designer. Do you have the latest version of STM32CubeProgrammer?

After "succesfully " running on target, could you press the reset button on the board to see if anything is displayed?

/Romain

Oh and what BLUE LED ? I do not have one flashing on my board so that must indicate something as well ^^.

EDIT: I have looked at the board's documentation and it is not a good sign if you only only have a blue led and not any of the others (red and green). Can you confirm you only have one led on?

Exactly, I'm creating the project from Touch GFX Designer with STM32F769I-EVAL application template and trying with different UI templates and even with just a basic box.

STM32CubeProgrammer version is 2.5.0.

I've already pressed the reset button but still nothing is displayed.

Thanks,

Irene

Exactly, usually when the display is working red, green and orange LEDs are ON, and blue is only ON when touching the display, but now when I ran the project on target only the blue LED is ON.

TJoha.1
Associate II

Hello!

I appear to be having the same problem. Are there any updates on this?

kind regards

Tim

TJoha.1
Associate II

Update: When flashing an AT to target from within TouchGFX Designer the LCD Backlight is lit in addition to the blue LED being on.

Hi,

What revision of the display and the board do you have ?

/Romain

The Board should be MB1219 J Release B-03 and the display MB1166-A03.

This is the information on the product delivery paper. I hope that is what you wanted.

If you need more information please ask.

I´m happy about your fast reply 🙂

regards

Tim

It is because I actually received the same question earlier today and am working on it right now 😅 There seems to be an issue with the application template available in TouchGFX Designer and the latest revision of the display (the A03) where the board goes to hard fault when the touch panel is initialized.

We are still investigating but in the meantime here is a workaround:

• replace the STM32TouchController.cpp and hpp files in the TouchGFX/target folder of your project by the files I shared
  • open the ioc file in STM32CubeMX and go uncheck the box like in the screenshot to remove the "static" property of the MX_I2C1_Init() function.

0693W00000BZmneQAD.png 

/Romain