cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Touchgfx display is not displaying anything

ITena.1
Associate II

Hello,

I am working on a project with stm32f769i-eval and touch gfx designer(4.13.0) .

I select my board as application template then I try both using a blank template or any of the examples that are provided.

After generating the code, I try to run the project on my target and even though it doesn't fail my screen is not displaying anything. (If I run on the simulator it works perfectly).

What should I do?

Thx,

Irene

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

It is because I actually received the same question earlier today and am working on it right now 😅 There seems to be an issue with the application template available in TouchGFX Designer and the latest revision of the display (the A03) where the board goes to hard fault when the touch panel is initialized.

We are still investigating but in the meantime here is a workaround:

• replace the STM32TouchController.cpp and hpp files in the TouchGFX/target folder of your project by the files I shared
  • open the ioc file in STM32CubeMX and go uncheck the box like in the screenshot to remove the "static" property of the MX_I2C1_Init() function.

0693W00000BZmneQAD.png 

/Romain

View solution in original post

25 REPLIES 25
Alexandre RENOUX
Principal

Hello,

Try to use an IDE like CubeIDE, IAR or Keil and debug to see if it hangs somewhere.

/Alexandre

ITena.1
Associate II

Hello,

Thanks for your answer.

Looks like I get a Memory Management Fault here

virtual void backPorchExited()

{

swapFrameBuffers();

tick();

}

No source available for touchgfx::HAL::tick() at 0x8008bc4

I tried to run the same project with another board stm32f779i-eval and I get no errors and display is working properly.

Do you have any idea what could it be?

Thanks,

Irene

Alexandre RENOUX
Principal

If by simply running the application template of F769-EVAL board with just a box and a button, the display does not show anything, maybe your board is faulty.

You confirm you haven't changed anything to the Application Template ? What UI are you using to test your board ?

Could you provide all the steps ? This way we can try to reproduce it on our side ?

/Alexandre

ITena.1
Associate II

Good morning,

Right now, I'm just trying to make the display run so I'm just creating a new project using the application template F769i-EVAL with a white box in TouchGFXDesigner.

I'm generating the code and then "Run Target", no error appears but the screen is not displaying anything.

I haven't changed anything from the Application Template.

Thanks,

Irene

Alexandre RENOUX
Principal

Hello,

We are currently investigating. I will come back to you when I have more information.

/Alexandre

Good morning, Do you have any updates? I still haven't managed to make the screen work. Thanks. Regards, Irene Tena El jue., 10 sept. 2020 a las 13:34, ST Community () escribió:

Sorry I can't provide you any update right now.

Due to certain circumstances I cannot have access to this board so I asked one of my colleague.

I will tell you any update that comes up.

/Alexandre

Hi Alexander, I ordered a new STM32F769I-EVAL board because of the display issue. This time I just connected it to my PC and tried to run a basic template from TouchGFX Generator, when running in target the first time there was an issue with the ST-LINK FW version, it had V2.J25.M14 on the board and Touch GFX Generator failed because it required an update. So I ran the ST Link Upgrade Tool and it changed to V2.J37.M26. This time the project ran successfully with no errors on it but again the display is OFF. What could be the problem? It feels like I'm doing something really basic in a wrong way but I can't manage to see what it is. Thanks for your time and help, Best regards, Irene Tena El mié., 16 sept. 2020 a las 8:17, ST Community () escribió:

Hi,

Could you make sure the jumper is set at the right power source (needs to be st link) ? It is on the left of the screen.

0693W000004IdPWQA0.jpg

The AT works on the boards I have, but just to align on the boards what REV is yours?

/Romain