cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

TouchGFX Designer hangs when scrolling.

amirparto
Associate II

Hi, I want to report a problem in TouchGFX Designer, when a project has some widgets and containers in the custom containers tab and it needs to scroll down in the left bar, when I scroll down to the end of the list by mouse scroll wheel, the designer doesn't response to anything anymore and has to be terminated by the task manager.

0693W00000DlilHQAR.jpg 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello LHill,

Ok great, we'll try to have that fixed for the next version, I'll keep you updated. Meantime, I can only recommend you to use an other scale than 125%.

/Osman

Osman SOYKURT
ST Software Developer | TouchGFX

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Romain DIELEMAN
ST Employee

Hi,

Thank you for reporting this. It is a known issue we are working on. Could you share your project ? I cannot seem to replicate this issue, but you are not the first one that face it.

/Romain

Romain DIELEMAN
ST Employee

Could you also share your logfile after facing the issue ? It is found under %appdata%/Roaming/TouchGFX-4.17.0

/Romain

I've found out that this problem is somehow related to GPU driver(Intel(R) HD Graphics 530). When I uninstall the driver the resolution becomes ugly but the problem isn't happening.

I've tested this project on other computers and some of them had the problem.

Thanks I will transfer that to the team šŸ‘

/Romain

I think it's about PC resolution. When I set the resolution to 1680x1050 I have the problem but any other values don't. So why when I uninstall the GPU driver the problem solves? Because the resolution will set to the default value (800x600).

LHill
Associate

We have the same problem with version 4.18.1. It seems to appear only with high screen resolutions (2560x1440). With a resolution of 1920x1080 the problem does not occur.

Hello LHill.2,

Thanks for these information. We have investigated that issue and we think the issue can be related to the "Scale an layout" parameter on Windows Settings. Indeed, we can reproduce the bug when we have "125%" value for example, but we can't reproduce it with "100%" value. Can I ask you what's your "Scale and layout" value on your Windows settings ?

/Osman

Osman SOYKURT
ST Software Developer | TouchGFX

Hello Osman,

You are right, using the 125% setting causes the problem. With a scale of 100% it works fine, regardless of the screen resolutionšŸ‘