cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TouchGFX Designer Flashing Issue

yu_jay
Associate

In TouchGFX version 4.18.0, after modifying the screen Designer output and using STM32CubeIDE for compilation, an error occurs after flashing, as shown in the attachment "error". I only modified the text definitions. Before the change(Correct_settings),allows for correct flashing, but after the change(error_settings),shows an error flashing.

1. How can I check the permissible limit for text definitions? Is it related to memory size?
  2. Is it possible to make the changes so that flashing works correctly?

Please assist, thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
GaetanGodart
ST Employee

Hello @yu_jay ,

I am not sure this issue is related to size.

But if you want to reduce the size that the fonts take, since you use the same font in many different sizes, it is possible in more recent version of TouchGFX Designer to use vector font which gives a vector representation of the fonts to save memory so upgrading to the latest version of TouchGFX Designer could be beneficial! 😊

In "error_3.png", you do multiple things, you add the "Typography_01", 02 and 03 but you also set a wildcard range to the typography "msjh_50" (no wildcard range for msjh_50 in "error_2.png".

Are you able to go back to the previous Typographies, compile and flash without issue?

Regards,

Gaetan Godart
Software engineer at ST (TouchGFX)
yu_jay
Associate

Corrected description, thank you